CH:5 And you let it go

" You didn't have to come with me " , ishan says while fidgeting with his fingers . " I know you love the beach parties, the only exception for parties isn't .

Shubman glances at ishan and then at his fingers " Why , am I interuppting you both ?". After getting no response from the other side he adds furiously " Do you like her , ishan?

"What ?" Ishan says giving him a amused look . "What is even your thought process , Gill" , he adds while leaning his head on the car seat.

"I mean she's been in your life a lot, lately " shubman says with a hint of annoyance or jealously , you could say .

"What do mean by lately? ", ishan says with his eyes closed . "She is my friend shub she's always been there " . Aditi has been there for ishan when he felt overwhelmed hiding his secret crush.

"Uh huh! got it , no need to rub it in my face " , shubman says while rolling his eyes.

Ishan giggles at the silly comment , " You sound like my jealous boyfriend, Gill " .

Ishan opens his eyes after getting no response "Hey I didn't mean it seriously " , he says nervously. Sometimes ishan regrets not confessing his true feelings but moments like this make him scared, scared of losing his best friend, his shubi.

"Huh? I know" , shubman says coming back from his trance of thoughts . He is frustrated , why is he behaving like this over his best friend, like ishan said, a jealous boyfriend.

"Kitni bak bak krta hai pahuch bhi gye hum" , shubman says nervously trying to avoid the akward situation. "chale ab?" , he adds gesturing ishan to get out of the car.

"Yeah right, you were very silent on the way just like a Saint " , ishan scoffs as both of them head towards the airport.

"And when are you going to confess?", Aditi whispers pulling back from the hug . She remembers that moment quite perspicousuly when ishan cried infront her the whole night when he was unable to move on from his crush over shubman .

Ishan shoots her a horrified look "Hey! shut it he is standing right behind us" , he says turning his back to look at shubman and glad to find him looking at his phone while leaning on the car.

"Alright! See you soon " aditi says as he pushes ishan lightly but strong enough that his back collides with subhman but he doesn't gets angry and how can he? She's doing God's work .

Ishu are you alright? Shubmans says holding ishan carefully.
Both of them looks back at aditi waving at them as she heads towards the exit , she mouths something which shubman doesn't get but ishan does,it says, "Do it fast you ,dillhole ".

The lights looks quite hypnotizing from afar .
The sea is calm, pulsing rhythmically and breathing with cadence. As they both walk past it they look at few hands gesturing them to come towards the barbecue .

"You both took long enough" hardik says while roasting the meat on the barbecue. " Are you sure you were at airport and not at ---"

" Not again bhai", Ishan glares at him raising his finger at him.

"Btao kya din aa gye hai tamiz naam ki to chiz hi nhi reh gyi" kuldeep adds fuel to fire and ishan quickly puts his finger down.

"Quite ironic for you to say that isn't?, kuldeep " . Rohit says while arranging the mocktails on the table. To which kuldeep just whines seeing everyone giggling.

"Chalo bhai khana to bhut ho gya ab dance ki Bari" virat says dragging everyone to the centre where they set up disco lights.

"Do I have to give you special invitation, kake?" , virat says glancing at shubman , the only one , who has not gotten up from his seat. "No bhai not again, its boring" shubman says nonchalantly not even moving even a little .

"Hain? Tussi kiho jehe punjabi ho" , virat complains while dating with a glass on his head . Everyone laughs as they dance in a huddle trying hard not to stumble.

"These guys are tipsy asf" ishan says looking at shubman just as he observes his red cheeks , he is tipsy as well . "He is looking kinda cute" , ishan thinks.

Ishan is preoccupied in his thoughts as he feels a hand tugging on the hem of this shirt. " Ishu , come with you " .

"But where to , shubi?" , ishan says while getting dragged by him.
Shubman tsk's at him " Don't ask questions , bas chal mere sath".

"Ahh it feels so good " , shubman says as cold waves envelopes there feet. He placed his hands tenderly on ishan's which caught ishan by surprise. He feels blush creeping upto his neck.

"Ish have I ever told you that I'm thankful to have a best friend like you , you have always been there for me through my thick and thin." Shubman says gazing at the moon.

"Tere liye to meri jaan bhi hazir hai , meri jaan" ishan says while looking at his moon admiring the moon in the sky.

Shubhman leans on ishan's shoulder , breathes against his neck and starts to licking it unconsciously . "You smell so good darling", he says as he breathes heavily against ishan's neck.

Ishan huffs "Shubi.....shubi stop it , ye kya kr rha hai." To say that ishan likes it would be an understatement but he acknowledges that shubman is drunk and once he us back to normal he'll forget everything .

Shubman sits back straight as he hears a familiar ringtone "Ohh is that my phone? who's calling this late ".

"Sara?" Shubman's face lit up when he realised the caller id .
At that moment ishan realizes that what he has not done or was not able to do it , it doesn't matter because he has to move on .

The place which was occupied by his best friend just now , is empty as he went to talk to Sara, his crush . Ishan sways his hand on the cold sand as he let's the tears flow which he has held back for years convincing or putting on a false front that maybe shubman will like him back the way he does. He cannot let this feeling lingering. In spite of the damage he has to realise shubman's hold on him. He has to let it go.

-------------×------------

Tell me how you guys like it

Xoxo.....