Story Dressing for the Salad called Lore pt. 7

"How many times have I told you to take better care of your familiar?!" He snapped as he tapped his foot on the hard floor, one hand on his hip with the other holding Grim by his collar.

"You need to-"

"He's not my familiar, er, Headmage, sir," she interrupted sheepishly.

Crowley straightened, her words finally reaching him.

"Excuse me?"

Camila decided to ignore the growing eyes of the audience boring into her as she continued.

"I didn't say anything earlier because you seemed lost in your own pace."

"....."

Incoherent chatter rang from all around her as the headmage stayed silent for what felt like a good hour before clearing his throat and regaining his composure.

"Anyway! Let's get this nuisance off of the premises! I've decided, very graciously, that I will not make you into tonight's dinner!"

As if it were a secret word, Grim woke out of his stupor and flailed his limbs.

"Fyna?! Wait a minute! You...you can't just throw me out like this!"

"I can and will," the Headmage said plainly as a few robed figures followed behind him.

"You ain't seen the last of meeee-"

His voice cut off with the loud thud of the auditorium door, and the students were left to their devices.

Camila wanted to go after the headmage since he was the only person who could lead her back home, and because she felt staying here would lead to trouble-

Absently, her eyes trailed off until she locked eye contact with the aforementioned Riddle Rosehearts, who's initial surprised quickly melted into a scornful scowl.

He was standing a good ways away from her, but she was sure he could stop traffic with that glare.

She froze in his icy gaze, stomach lurching into her throat and her palms sweaty.

Just what was happening to her?

"Alright, everyone," the Headmage's voice proved a thankful distraction as Riddle broke eye contact, freeing Camila from her stun spell.

"Has everyone gotten their ribbons from their assigned dorms? That should conclude everything. Say...now that I see everyone, I don't remember spotting Draconia, the house warden of Diasomnia once..."

As he muttered to himself, Camila noticed the whispers grew feverish in their intensity, and the atmosphere cooled in the room significantly.

"Did nobody tell him about the ceremony?" Camila knew this voice belonged to Kalim.

"If you're so worried about him, why didn't you do it?" the voice of the beautiful person said accusingly.

"Eh? But I dunno much about that guy, or where he might be..." Kalim's voice said in dejection.

"...You mean...that Draconia? Malleus Draconia?!" Someone whimpered.

"Shhh!! Don't say his full name or something bad'll happen to you!"

"Oh no! If I had known that, I wouldn't have ever joined this place!"

"I knew it," a deep voice that was startlingly close to her spoke solemnly, "I thought he might have come but I was mistaken..."

She whirled beside her to see a short young man with his hand on his chin, too lost in thought to notice her.

His hood was still on his head so she couldn't see his face too clearly, but she could not miss the large blood red eyes or his inhumanly pale skin...

His features looked far too soft despite his baritone, and it made her uncomfortable just looking at him.

She quickly looked away from him before he could catch onto her staring and did her best to step away from the crowd, hoping to not attract attention.

~~~~~~~~

With the whole of the student body gone, the empty auditorium looked ominous, the soft greens of the chandelabra looking almost evil against the darkness sky from the windows.

Now with only herself and Crowley here, they could talk freely.

"Yuuka," he began, his voice serious,"I am terribly sorry about this but..."

"I can't attend this school and must leave," she finished with a smile.

He blinked before smiling.

"Ah! Good that you understand! Afterall, those without any talent for magic cannot be allowed to attend here."

She stayed silent.

"But there is nothing to worry about. The Dark Mirror will send you straight home, understand?"

He held out a hand for her, and gestured for her to take it.

She did just that and he guided her in front of the mirror.

Seeing it for the second time made a pit grow in her stomach.

"Enter the Gate and picture your home clearly in your mind..." he instructed.

She closed her eyes.

Well!

At least she won't have to deal with the slew of insane students that presided in this school.

Well!

At least she wasn't going to worry about being the only magicless in a school full of (possibly hostile) gifted.

Well!

At least she can finally go home and be in a safe NOT burning place.

Part of her desire for adventure yawned a large hole in her heart, but she was starting to think being here was too adventurous for her mind to take, and that the dream was taking too long to end.

Even if she'll never know why this Headmage or the boy named Kalim felt familiar to her.

Even if she'll never get the opportunity to be in a world like this ever again...

"Oh Dark Mirror! Guide this one back to the place they belong!"

Crowley's sudden bellowing voice made her flinch out of her mind.

She turned her attention back to the large mirror as the mask-like face appeared from the cloud of fire, not uttering a word.

After the increasing of awkward silence, the headmage cleared his throat again.

"Let's try this again. O Dark Mirror! Guide this-"

"It is nowhere to be found," the mirror spoke in monotone.

The headmage was lost for words.

"E-excuse me?"

"Nowhere in this world is there a place for this one to belong...it does not exist."