Story Dressing for the Salad called Lore pt. 4

As he rambled, he looked at his watch and gasped.

"Now is no time to be long-winded! The entrance ceremony will soon come to a close. Let's get a move on!"

"......"

"Seriously? Not even an inquiry about who I am?! Do you lack the fear of strangers? Very well, I suppose I could explain a little while we make haste, as I am gracious."

He cleared his throat and began to walk, which she found took everything just to keep up.

"I am Dire Crowley, the headmage of Night Raven College, the academy you see before you now. Night Raven College is a prestigious academy in its purpose to train and nurture potential magicians into becoming paragons of Twisted Wonderland."

Twisted Wonderland? What a weird name for a world, but she didn't bother to pry.

"Only those deemed worthy by the Mirror of Darkness can use the gates and are summoned here from around the world. Our ebony carriage carrying a gate should have gone to meet you as well."

She thought for a moment, but no such image came to mind.

Was she the exception to that rule-

"Enough of that getting lost in thought business! Hurry before you get left behind!"

She jolted as she hurried to follow after him, Grim's angry muffled cries ringing out throughout the walk.

"Those carriages are special, as they carry the doors to the academy," he continued, "the market decided long ago that carriages are used to welcome people on special occasions."

He brightened a little at the mention of the place.

Market...

"Come, we're almost there."

As the double doors she ran out of prior opened, she noticed the Hall of Mirrors were brighter than they were when she awakened.

The students were far more uproarious than before as well, talking amongst themselves about books, what dorms they would end up in, and other things she couldn't catch.

As they made their way through the thick crowd of students, she saw seven robed figures standing directly in front of the black mirror.

"Is that all for the new student dorm assignments?" A boy questioned, his deep red hair peeking from under his hood.

"Listen up, new students!" He spoke in a commanding tone, instantly quieting a group of hooded figures in front of him, "in Heartslabyul, I am the law! Break any rules and it's off with your head."

Another student beside him yawned lazily, stretching his arms and legs before returning his low-lidded gaze to the students, the scar on one of his eyes visible.

"Good that the stuffy ceremony is finally over," the boredom in his voice evident.

Suddenly his posture straightened as he put his hands on his hips, the long braids of his hair swaying as he moved.

"We're going back to the dorm. Savannaclaws, follow me."

As a crowd left with him, another student with glasses stood merrily before a group of hooded figures.

"To the new students, congratulations on entering this academy!" He spoke like a proud parent, "Enjoy your life here to its fullest."

He then crossed his arms, still holding that friendly tone, "as the house warden of Octavinelle, I will support you to the best of my ability."

"By the way, where did the headmaster go?" the person next to him asked.

She wasn't sure if this person was a boy or girl, or even if they were human, but she was certain they were one of the most beautiful people she had ever laid eyes on.

Their platinum blonde hair doused in lilac at the ends as it peaked through the hood, it framed their perfect, androgenous features.

It should be noted that while beautiful, nothing about them was delicate; the opposite, even.

Even from where she was standing, she could feel the raw, cold sharpness of their gaze, their stance and face full of confidence and grace.

"He flew out right in the middle of ceremony," they continued, their elegant voice laced in bemusement.

"Abandoning post..." began the voice of someone next to them, but unlike the others, she couldn't place who it was from.

It took her moment to notice the large blue tablet, whose screen showed a symbol she didn't recognize.

The symbol's color brightened and dimmed as the voice on the end spoke.

Such technology...it was nothing she ever saw before.

"Did he get a stomach ache or something?" questioned a boy with amber red eyes, his skin tone similar to hers.

His long earrings peaking from his hood and bangles hung from either arm.

For some reason, she found herself completely attentive to this boy.

Her mind would not allow her to focus on anyone else, despite him not being nearly as picture perfect as the person with lilac.

She was so caught by him that she didn't bother to pay attention to Crowley's response, and was just staring at him.

She jumped when the boy caught on to her stare, but he smiled politely at her, which calmed her down.

They were just staring at each other for who knew how long until she felt something tap her head.

"Hey!" Crowley shouted in annoyance, "you are the only one yet to be assigned a dormitory! I'll be watching your tanuki, so hurry up and step in front of the Mirror."

She could feel Grim's protest despite him being unable to do so.

She nodded and went towards it without hesitation.