Story Dressing for the Salad called Lore pt. 6

AN: sorry that the latest chapters have been taking so long; I've been feeling with a terrible headache and haven't had the time to update everything. Hope you enjoy the double feature!

-----------

A wisp of fire whizzing past her head took her out of her daze and she remembered where she was.

Right, she thought to herself, this place is being under attack by that strange racoon!

She dodged past the panicked students who were either patting the fire, running away from newly made flames, or using their wands to summon clouds that could douse the flames.

She looked around and noticed a bucket of water sitting undisturbed despite the hoopla all around, picked it up, and ran until she spotted the white hair of the student from earlier, who was still yelling in pain.

She wasted no time to douse him with water, and the blue fame was gone immediately.

He spun to meet his savior.

"Hey!" His expression brightened as he realized who she was and, now that his hood was down, she could see the reddish-black of kohl lining his lids, "thanks for that! A minute longer and I might not have made it!"

"Please do not thank me," Camila said plainly, "I fear I may have ruined your clothes, and on top of that, this debacle may also be on my hands as well."

His cheerful grin broke for a moment before he straightened and flashed a disarming grin, his hands on his hips.

"Don't say that! I'm sure the Headmage'll figure a way out of this mess! Say, isn't somebody capturing that tanuki now?"

Fighting the urge to correct the student on Grim's species, she answered by explaining what happened before she came to aid him.

"Sounds good, then. Seems it's all taken care of."

She was a tad confused about his blasé attitude about the auditorium being consumed in flames despite his initial fear earlier, but couldn't stop noticing his stare intensify.

"Say, what's your name again?"

"Camila Yuuka." It still felt alien to answer.

"I'm Kalim al Asim! I'm from the Scarabia dorm, though you might not be able to visit it, due you being magicless and all, which makes me kinda sad."

"A pity."

He stared at her for a moment longer, which made Camila take a step back.

"Weird," he said finally, not letting up his smile, "something about you feels familiar..."

She blinked.

While the same could be said for Kalim, she wasn't sure if she should mention anything.

Afterall, her mind was still fuzzy, and there was a lot she wasn't sure of herself.

"...Off With your Head!!"

BAM!!

"Aaarrgh!!!" Grim let out a pathetic squeal as the sound of metal clicking together resounded throughout the walls of the auditorium, temporarily hushing the chaotic yells of students around her and Kalim.

"Whoa!" Kalim raised his arms in surprise as he, along with the few students not running from flames looked in the direction of the source of the sound.

"Seems like Riddle's not holding back!"

He then slapped the side of his face as he blinked in realization as if a lightbulb grew out of his head.

"Ah, wait! You pouring water all over me gave me an idea to stop the fire!"

He took a garnet jeweled wand from the gold holster around his waist and mumbled something.

As he spoke words too softly for Camila to hear, the gemstone glowed brighter in intensity until sparks of light fluttered to the sky until it hit the ceiling.

Once it hit its mark, the sparkles turned into rain water that sprinkled across the auditorium, dousing the tounges of flame until there was nothing left of them.

"Whoa! Water!" A student behind her shouted in astonishment.

"We're alive?!" another one asked in front.

Realizing it was safe to move further without the impediment of fire to stop her, Camila bid Kalim farewell before she ran into another crowd of students, some of whom seemed too enamoured by the cooling "rain" to notice her.

When she got close, she noticed the two students who had been chasing Grim earlier were still there, along with the Headmage, who had Grim in his grasp.

She noticed his ear flames were non-existent, and he seemed dejected.

"Funnnaaa...." he let out tiredly.

"Rule 23 of the honorable Queen of Hearts dictates..." The red-headed boy rattled off with a serious frown, "that one must never bring a cat to a formal affair. Now that our little kitty has been declawed—"

"Not a cat!"

"—we shan't have anything to worry about. What say you, Headmage?"

Delight shimmering from the glowing dots in his mask and obviously plastered in his smile, he clapped twice.

"I say...once disciplinary actions of this creature are commenced, the ceremony can continue on schedule! I shall reward you accordingly for your efforts, Rosehearts-"

"And me!" The bespectacled boy said, his brows furrowed and his hands on his hips.

The headmage cleared his throat.

"...And Ashengrotto as well. Come to my office once the ceremony has finished."

In answer, he adjusted his glasses and closed his eyes in a satisfied grin.

He then looked at the aforementioned Rosehearts, his eyes not matching his smile.

"Ah, Riddle's magic is as marvelous as ever! Any and all magic becomes moot while entrapped by the metal harness. I would love to have it for my- I mean, I would love to study it morr closely..."

Camila didn't miss the temporary darkness in his eyes as he spoke of that strange collar; she knew she'd have to stay as far away from him as much as possible.

"You there!" The Headmage's voice shook her from her pondering and she whipped her head in his direction, eyes widened at his bemusement as he stomped towards her.

She stiffened.