chapter thirteen

A/N: wow double update??

Kendalls POV

I got home around 1am that night because Y/n and I spent hours and hours talking and I lost track of time. Y/n stayed the night with Bella to keep her company and insisted that I should go to sleep.

Once I entered my house I left my bag on the kitchen table and opened the fridge, taking out a bottle of water.

"Kendall?" A man's voice startled me.

"Jesus! Wha- What are you doing here, Devin?" I asked my boyfriend.

"I wanted to surprise you but you weren't home. Where the fuck where you?" Devin asked, walking closer to me.

"I- Um, I was at Bella's" I answered, taking a drink of water and putting the bottle back in the fridge.

"Alone with her? Or with that bitch?" He asked suddenly. I was shocked at his words.

"What?" I asked.

"Your ex, Uh... Y/n'' He answered.

"You don't know what you're talking about" I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. Just as I was about to leave the room, Devin grabbed my wrist.

"Dont fucking lie to me. You're nothing more than an insecure fucking slut" He shook me hard when I tried to get out of his grip.

"You're fucking hurting me" I protested, pushing him back.

"I should have stayed with Olivia," Devin muttered under his breath.

"Who's Olivia?" I asked with a frown. "Is that the bitch you're seeing?" I snapped.

He looked at me and put his hands on his face. "Fuck," Devin murmured.

"It is" I shook my head in disbelief. "I knew it"

"Alright, fine. Is that what you wanted to fucking hear? Yes Kendall, I'm with someone else. Someone who's not an arrogant fucking bitch like you" My boyfriend shouted in my face.

All I wanted to do was cry and run away but I was not going to give him that satisfaction.

"Get the fuck out of my house" I said, glaring at him.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed.

"I don't want to see you again, get the fuck out!" I shouted.

"Fine!" He screamed back. "Crazy cunt" He left by the front door and shut it loudly.

Y/n's POV
I woke up the next morning in Bella's bed. She was reading a book next to me.

"Morning," She smiled.

"Hey," I answered in a raspy voice. "Are you feeling better?" I asked, sitting up.

"Yeap, I got off the bed and made this" Bella gave me a bowl full of cut fruits.

"Thank you" I smiled and started to eat.

"Kendall?" Bella asked, looking back at her book.

"She left around one," I replied, not making eye contact.

"Did you guys have fun?" Bella asked with a suspicious smile.

"Yes, we actually talked a lot," I said with a nod.

"Cool," Bella chuckled.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes, chewing on a piece of apple.

I went home a few hours later and took a shower, it was Saturday so I didn't have much work to do. After my shower, I sat in the living room to answer some emails while listening to music.

My phone rang a few times before I picked it up. It was my assistant Jennifer who told me that I had gotten the cover of Vogue for next month.

a/n: i know this things usually take waaay more than a month but im not a patient person so whatever

I was very excited because this was very important for the return of my career. Anyway, Jen told me that we would have to go to the magazine office for a couple of meetings and outfit checkings but everything would be ready to start the photoshoot in a few weeks.

I had just hung up with my assistant when my phone rang again.

"Hey Ky, what's up?" I asked, after reading my best friend's name on the screen.

"Y/n, I need you to come to Kendall's place right now," Kylie said, clearly shaken.

"Why- what's wrong?"

"I don't know, she's just- She's having a panic attack, please come here"

"I'm on my way"

I didn't have to listen anymore. I hung up and ran to my Range Rover, speeding through the streets of Beverly Hills. I got into the house using my old key, which had been left in my car, and walked through the halls until I entered Kendall's room.

When I walked in, the first thing I saw was Kendall sitting at the foot of her bed and Kylie kneeling next to her sister.

The words didnt come out of my mouth. I kneeled next to Kendall and grabbed her hand. She had her knees on her chest and with teary eyes she looked at the ground.

"Hey, hi Kenny" I said, trying to get her to look at me, but she didn't.

"Fuck" Kylie said under her breath.

"Baby, go to the kitchen and bring me water, please" I said to Kylie who nodded and stood up. "Kendall, look at me," I repeated. She raised her head weakly and pulled her knees away from her chest. "What happened?" I asked softly.

I held her hand tighter and she winced, that's when I noticed a bruise around her wrist. I met her gaze and took a deep breath. Kendall took her hand away from mine and I noticed her breathing agitating again.

"No, don't-" She shook her head.

"Hey, it's okay." I sat closer and hugged her. Her head rested on my shoulder as I caressed her back. "Breathe, Kenny. Close your eyes'' I whispered into her ear. "I'm here with you, it's okay" Kendall closed her eyes and I felt her relax next to me.

Kylie entered the room with a glass in her hand. She left it on the floor and approached us. I met my friend's gaze and then looked at Kendall's wrist. Kylie followed my gaze and then looked back at me with a frown.

"Shit" She whispered. Kylie sat across from her sister and hugged us both, kissing Kendall's head. "We're gonna figure this out, Ken," The younger Jenner said. "I promise"

When Kendall calmed down, she laid her on the bed to rest for a while.

"It's been a long time since she's had attacks like this," Kylie said softly.

We were sitting on the terrace of Kendall's room while I had a cigarette to calm down.

"It was because of fucking Devin" I sighted.

"Yeah, I'm gonna talk to Kim. Maybe we can, like, sue him or something" Kylie said, grabbing the cigarette from my hand and taking a drag. "I'm really happy you're back. She really needs you right now, Y/n" The Jenner added, supporting her hand on my knee.

"I just want her to be okay," I replied with a small smile.

"I know, baby" Ky smiled and leaned back on the chair.

Kendall woke up a few hours later. The three of us ordered some pizza and had ate while watching a movie, like the old days.

Of course we talked to Kendall about what happened with her boyfriend and she explained everything. After much reassurance, we convinced her to stay away from him. It was going to be hard but we'll be there for her, I'll be there for her.