I forgive you

"So are you going to explain me all this?"
Angel closed the door and turned around.
"Husk, I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were going to be here"
"But how could you hide something like this from me? I thought we were something more..."
"No wait! I swear I was planning to tell you, but-"
"But what? You don't trust me?"
"I do!"
"So what is the problem, why didn't you tell me this?"
"Maybe because I was scared you would have reacted like this!"
Angel covered his mouth with his hands.
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing, just forget everything"
"Are you scared of me?"
The cat's yellow eyes started watering, he was so tired of that fucking night and it hadn't start yet.
"Husk!"
Angel's voice brought Husk back to reality.
"What are you saying?!"
He didn't realized that the spider had started crying.
"You helped me in every single hard moment of my life, you were there every time I felt like a shit and now you think I'm scared of you?"
Angel sat down and hugged his knees.
Husk sat down right next to him, theirs arms touching and the cat's heart started racing, he was pathetic, even this insignificant touch made him blush.
Did the spider got the same feeling while they were together?
"Angel, I'm sorry.
It's just...a lot, not for me but for you, if what they told me is real-"
Angel raised his head and looked at Husk.
"They told you my story?"
"Yes"
"If we exit this place alive remember me to tell you the real story, not this made up bullshit that they told you"
"It seemed a lot like a thing you would do..."
"Who told you it?"
"The demon with the injured leg"
The mafia boss grumbled.
"Poor demon, I should probably let him go home, I don't know why they obligated him to come to work with an injury"
"Ehm...I actually hurt that demon, but it was his fault, he tried to kidnap me!"
"Oh god, is he your helper for tonight?"
"My what?"
"It's a stupid thing, but we use to hire trustworthy people to help us and the guests through the party or meeting night.
Taylor, the fancy man who helped us, is mine, apparently you have that one demon.
Sometimes they aren't the most kind people in the world with people that aren't of our family.
Every one of them has a different job based on the people they are helping"
"So what is mine's job? Kill me?"
"It is a secret, nobody knows it except the helper itself"
"That is creepy as fuck"
Angel started giggling making Husk start laughing too.
"I'm sorry if I didn't tell you all this, I was planning to do that but I never found the courage to actually do it.
I hope you can forgive me"
The bathroom was too silent, the floor too dirty and their faces too close.
Husk inhaled Angel's perfume, he didn't know what it was, but he knew damn well it was Angel's perfume.
He knew when the spider was back at the hotel after work before even seeing him, he would start smell that perfume from his bar, his tail would start moving around joyfully and his hand would start making Angel's favorite drink.
"I forgive you"
Now they were really close, Husk just needed to move his head a few inches to kiss Angel.
Angel smiled, Husk put his hand on his shoulder and someone knocked at the door.
Someone. Fucking. Knocked. At. The. Door.
"Guys, are you alive inside there?"
It was Taylor.
"Yes, what's up?"
Angel got up from the floor and Husk never hated Taylor so much in all his life, and he knew him for just a few hours.
"Your brother is here"

Fuck.
Angel panicked and looked at Husk with a terrorized look.
"Only my brother?"
"Yes, your father had some unforeseen difficulties"
The spider started to calm down, it was only his brother.
Husk put a hand on his arm taking Angel back to reality.
"Before we go I have something to tell you two"
Taylor looked at the two.
He then pointed at Angel and asked Husk:
"Who is he?"
"What?"
"Who is he?"
"Angel?"
"Wrong"
"Anthony?"
"Right, you will call him Anthony, nobody needs to know that you two know each other"
He then looked at Angel.
"Like I said in the car, your father can use it against you, so pretend you don't know each other"
"I understand"
"But why is he here?"
Angel asked referring to the cat.
"You don't know?"
Taylor faced Husk, he was shocked.
"Well...we didn't have time to discuss about it"
"About what?"
"You will know it later, now you need to go.
Husk, you will go back to the hall from another way"
Taylor took the spider back to the hall.
"Deep breaths"
Taylor encouraged Angel and gently pushed him to the table.
"I will be around you, sometimes at the table, sometimes walking around the casino.
For every problem call me"
"Thank you"
Angel arrived to his destination, everyone stood up and looked at him.
"Hi Anthony, long time no see"