princess (requested)

Y/N's pov:

As I close the door behind me, I let out a sigh that I didn't even know I was holding. I just spent my Friday night working at my job as a barista, and let me tell you that today was a really bad day. You know, the kind of day when most of the clients aren't happy about their orders or when the boss yells at you for no reason.

"Baby?" I hear Hailee calling me from upstairs. It's now 10:30pm and I know that she heard my sigh by the look on her face while she comes down the stairs to greet me.

"Yeah" I answer with a forced smile. "Bad day at work?" she asks me, helping me as I take off my coat and puts it in the closet. "Mhm" I simply reply to her question as I feel myself getting more and more tired by the second.

"Where's Teenie?" I ask her. "In her cage, she's been sleeping all night long waiting for you until I had no other choice than put her to bed" she replies with a slight giggle, making me smile. I don't say anything else and I make my way towards the kitchen, taking myself something to eat and sitting down on the kitchen island. Hailee simply looks at me and sighs as I sit down.

"You know, baby.. You've been working so hard lately and I hate to see you come back home this tired" she starts, coming to stand between my legs as I eat my apple, nodding at her words.

"I'd like to take you somewhere soon. To.. you know.. rest. I was thinking maybe Punta Cana, in the Dreams Hotel where the view is amazing.. or Miami- " she tells me before I cut her off.

"Haiz, you don't have to take me places where it costs thousands of dollars.. Only for me to rest from a hard week of work" I tell her, with a smile.

Hailee has always been so helpful when I get tired from my job, but the way for her to help is always to buy me expensive things. The fact that she cares about me a lot is so great, but I don't want her to always use money as a way to help me.

"I know, but I think that we could both use a vacation and it has nothing to do with money.. You could talk with your boss, try to see if you'd be available" she continues and I sigh, making her confused.

"Why are you sighing again Y/N? I'm only trying to help, I-.. Just tell me if I annoy you and I'll stop. I just don't understand what's wrong with me trying to help you when you're not feeling so grea-" she starts saying with an annoyed tone from my reaction, but I cut her off again.

"You don't annoy me, Hailee. It's just.." I start saying before I sigh and continue. "I don't like it when people feel sorry for me just because I work as a barista. I know that I don't get as much money as you, but it doesn't mean that you should become broke to make me feel better about my work situation" I tell her, my voice getting higher than before. Her eyes widen and her mouth opens at my words. Shit, I probably shouldn't have said that.

"I'm not feeling sorry for you because of your work sit- Y/N come on! I only try to be nice, to do the right thing for my girlfriend, and this is how you thank me? I propose a great vacation for both of us, for us to feel comfortable in our relationship since it's been complete shit lately because you come home so tired that you're always talking to me like crap.. I'm trying to prove to you that I love you and the only way that you respond is by literally telling me to fuck off and stop caring about you? about us?" she tells me, her voice slightly shaking and getting even higher than mine before.

At this point, she's by the kitchen table, looking straight at me with what I recognize as anger in her eyes as I'm still by the kitchen island, my elbows on the counter and my hands in my hair, sighing as I know that this is gonna be an even longer night than I thought it was gonna be.

"Look. I expressed myself in the wrong way, I'm just really tired and my mouth says things that my brain doesn't want to say.. I just- God I just want you. Fuck the money, fuck everything, I want you. That's all I want" I tell her, feeling tears filling my eyes as I talk, making Hailee's facial expressions soften and coming towards me. She embraces me in a tight hug, both of us staying in each other's arms for what feels like hours.

"I want you too, that's all I want. Forever. I'm sorry if my vacation proposition got you mad, I only want to do the right thing" she tells me before kissing my head softly. I lean back slightly to look at her eyes before talking.

"You are doing the right thing, and vacations sound great. Just promise me one thing" I start telling her and she nods, letting me talk. "Just promise me that you aren't inviting me for vacations only because you pity me" I finish, her immediately shaking her head 'no' before speaking.

"I promise you, I just want to be with you under the sun with no one else to annoy us. No boss, no mean clients, just you and I. And I'll stop with the gifts if you don't like to be treated as a princess" she tells me with a smile, making me giggle.

"I don't mind being treated as a princess from time to time.. I just don't want money to be the only thing keeping us together" I respond with a grin.

"It isn't, I promise you. But you should have told me that you felt that way" she tells me and I nod.

"I know, I should have. I'll tell you how I feel from now on if anything annoys me. But for now, nothing does except this little detail" I tell her before I kiss her on the lips.

"Great, I'll do the same. Care to join me to bed now princess?" she asks me, taking my hand in hers.

"Mmm absolutely my queen" I reply and start dragging her upstairs.

"So.. Miami or Punta Cana?" she asks me with a grin as we walk up the stairs. "Mmm.. Punta Cana" I reply, smiling.

Well.. I've got only one thing to say.. May the kingdom crawl, 'cause the princess has got her queen by her side and isn't ready to let go.