going to the carnival

Y/N's pov:

Today's Independence Day and I wanted to spend it with someone special. Hailee's been my crush for about a year now and we started seeing each other more many months ago. Since then, we really got closer to each other and I feel like we're starting to be, let's say, something. We haven't kissed yet, but I can't wait for that moment to happen. Even if I want it to become official, I still need to respect Hailee's boundaries and give her the time she needs. I'd never want to overstep.

"Here we are!" she tells me once we arrived at the carnival. As soon as she turns off the car, I barely have time to unbuckle my seatbelt and I see her making her way to my side of the car running. She opens the door ans hold out her hand for me to take. "Why thank you" I tell her with a smile and she smiles right back at me. Still holding my hand, she closes my door and we make our way towards the carnival, seeing all the lights and the big crowds.

After about an hour of doing rollercoasters, we get out of the one that we were previously in and make our way our of it's crowd. Hailee makes sure to hold my hand as we walk towards the ferris wheel. "I say we go in the ferris wheel" she tells me. I turn my head towards her and let out a small laugh. "Oh I'm so down. Let's go" I reply to her, running towards it as I drag Hailee with me, her giggling behind me at my action.

Once we get inside the cabin, Hailee and I sit beside each other. She takes my hand in hers and intertwines our fingers as she rests both of our hands on her thigh. I immediately rest my head on her shoulder. At this point, our cabin's at the top of the ferris wheel, when it suddenly stops. I find it strange at first, but I realize that it must be to let other people in. I rest my head back on her shoulder and I feel her kiss the top of my head.

This is the kind of intimacy that I'm so grateful to have with Hailee. The kind of intimacy that makes me feel safe and that makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world, even though I'm not hers and she isn't mine yet. She makes me feel loved and is always there to hold me when I need it.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when I hear loud bangs from outside the cabin and when I see big lights forming in the sky. "No way you planned the exact time that we were going to be in the ferris wheel for it to be at the same time as the fireworks" I tell her, looking at her surprised. "Yes way I did. Perfect isn't it? Paid the guy a couple more dollars to make us be on top" she answers, winking as she looks right back at me. "It is perfect" I tell her.

I can still hear the fireworks in the background and notice dozens of colorful lights all behind Hailee as I keep looking straight into her eyes. As we keep looking in each other's eyes, I see Hailee's eyes shifting to my lips for a brief moment before looking into my eyes again. I take this as a sign and I slowly start to lean in, not wanting to go too fast, and she does just the same. Before I know it, our lips connect in the most wonderful kiss and I can feel thousands of butterflies in my stomach. Our lips continue to move in sync and I feel her hands on my back, pulling me closer. I put my arms around her neck, making us impossibly close to each other. It's like if, in that moment, nothing else but the two of us exist in this world. At this point, we're both still kissing each other, but it's starting to become hard to breathe.

We both pull away at the same time and softly rest our foreheads against each other, catching our breaths. She backs away a little for us to look at each other. My arms still around her neck, I smile at her and she does just the same. "Will you be my girlfriend" she asks all of a sudden. My smile gets wider. "Absolutely, you are mine and I'm yours" I reply and she smiles at my answer. I kiss her lips one last time before I remove my arms from around her neck and rest my head back against her shoulder. She intertwines our hands again and puts them both back in their previous position.

For the rest of the night, I continue spending an amazing night with her and I can't be happier to finally be able to call that wonderful woman mine.