what's happening to you? (request)

A/N: I really hope you like it, I tried my best!! Please don't forget to give more requests, it really helps!

Otherwise, enjoy <33

warnings*: fluff

_______________

y/n's pov:

"How was that?" I ask my producer again. I keep trying to get that one verse perfectly, but damn it's hard and I don't know why.

"It was great! Better than last time for sure, but we still haven't achieved that note you want so bad. Maybe this one'll do, no?" he responds. I don't blame him for starting to get impatient, we've been working on those 5 sentences for about an hour now. It's like if my voice keeps getting weaker and weaker every time that I try to sing it. Why? I've got no idea. Everybody says that I'm only sick or something, it's probably the case.

"No to be honest I really feel like that note could bring that song to life, it's all it needs to get more magical. I just need to figure out the problem and why I can't achieve it" I reply, thinking about it in the process.

"At this point I don't know what I could do more than what I've already done, which is breaking my throat in pieces. Maybe I just need-" as I'm speaking, I hear and see from the other side of the window some girl barge in. I don't even recognize this person, I can only say that I've never seen her in the studio before. "Hailee, hi!" I hear Tim say from the microphone.

Hold up, I know this person. No way, no way. No way in HELL this is happening! Not now, mot when I'm at my worst!!

Tim continues to speak as I'm just completely frozen in place, stuck in my own thoughts. His voice wakes me up immediately.

"Y/n, Hailee just barged in, sorry about that. She needs to work on something too. Let's finish what we started now, it'll only take a couple of minutes and then we'll let the mic to Hailee." he tells me.

"You know what? I think.. I think I'll go rest for a bit. I feel like my throat is burning right now!" I tell him with Hailee listening behind him. I see her face suddenly change at what I just said.

Jesus how I hate when people do that. I hope that I didn't say anything weird or anything disrespectful.

"Alright there's no problem! We'll finish it all later. You can rest and Hailee will take your place during that time. Let's go H-" he finishes, talking to Hailee at the end. I get out of the vocal room before I sit down on the couch that's in the recording room. Hailee's currently talking to Tim and explaining what's there to do for her song.

"Great, perfect. We've got everything we need. You can go and prepare your stuff by the mic, just tell me when you're ready to start" he tells her. She nods and makes her way in the vocal room and to the microphone, taking the place where I was before. She sends a thumbs up to Tim and he nods back, starting the music.

Hailee just finished recording her song. I'm really amazed. She did it all in one go, perfectly and naturally. She is good. I admit it, she's really good. Better than me actually, of course. She would kill me in an instant if we had to face off in a song battle. She comes back into the recording room and Tim's voice makes me come back from my thoughts again.

"So everything's perfect Hailee, we just need to verify everything one last time and make sure that everything's timed right. Can you just give me one second? I'd need to go to the bathroom real quick" he says.