; Vitamin J! .

This Chapter includes the following:
Swear words

Read at your own risks.

; Trophy's POV .

Everything happening right now is...overwhelming me. I backed away from the crowd of people who were scared and concerned about Fan. I don't want anything to do with this. I just want to get out of here, do things I love to do! Taking pictures! Test Tube took my camera and I hate her so much because of it. That camera isn't just a normal camera. That's my camera. I groaned, leaning my back against the wall. This is all just bullshit. It's just some stupid ass questions! I bet if she asks me I'll turn out just fine. Everyone here is just weak as FUCK. Whatever. I watched as Fan calmed down and everyone else went back to minding their own business.

Everyone has their own little group of friends and I'm just... Forget it. I don't need anyone. I bet I'm the most sanest and stable one out of everyone in this fucking room. That's a...good thing..? Yeah, I don't care if I'm alone. I'm used to it. I don't need anyone pulling me down. All I need is myself. Just me, myself, and I. It does get a little boring when you have no one to talk to. Looking at everyone around me, talking among themselves and I'm the only one standing alone. It's nothing, really. They're just a bunch of nobody to me. What's important is that I'm doing well. Mentally, emotionally, and physically. That's all that matters to me. Not them. Just me.

...

"Why did the Sun never go to College?"

"..."

"Because it already has a million degrees!"

That Cheesy-twerp, he's so annoying. He doesn't learn how to shut up. Doesn't he know what kind of situation we're in? Augh, I wish he just shuts up! If I hear one more joke from his stupid little mouth. I will grab him, throw him onto the glass window and hope it breaks AND– Okay. Calm down. You're the sanest and the only stable one here. Don't let some idiot break you. I sighed as I sat on the floor and then buried my face on my knees. I can still hear him. He isn't even talking to anybody! He's so weird!

"If— Oh, oh! Trophy! Mr. Lonely!"

Oh my God. Why is he talking to me?! "What the fuck do you want you little twerp." I said as I glanced at him and then groaned. "Wanna hear a joke?!" "N—" "Wh—" "NO OH MY GOD SHUT UP" I shouted angrily as he shut his mouth and then looked away. Shit, wait- Ugh, nevermind. "Good." I said and grinned as I observed and let the silence in. — Huh. For once. The silence feels weird. Maybe because it's silent and I'm not alone? Who knows honestly... I glanced at Cheesy who looks like he's struggling. Why is he struggling? What is he doing? Is he okay? I groaned and then sighed.

I reached my hand out towards Cheesy as I rested my hand on his shoulder, "Hey...uhm, are you okay? Sorry that I yelled at you." I said as I scratched the back of my head. I may be a jock but I still 'feel' bad. ...maybe just for now, because of the situation we were in. "It's fine!" Cheesy replied as his face immediately shifted to a smile. Huh, weird. "Do you still wanna tell me your joke?" I asked as he nodded and soon started bombarding with cheesy-ass jokes. Some were funny, it made me chuckle. Some were just so stupid it made me laugh from hearing it. "Y'know, maybe you're not that bad at all." I said with a gentle and small smile.

Cheesy chuckled as he smiled happily. "Yayy!! I made you laugh and smile!" He said very cheerfully, as if he accomplished something. I just rolled my eyes, but it was nice to smile once in a while. "Heh," I snicked and glanced over to him. God, he looks so stupid, he looks like a kid. "I made Trophy Horseplay smile!!" He said as he jumped up and down. He's that happy to make me smile and laugh? What's so good about me smiling? Whatever, he seems pretty happy and I felt bad that I made him upset earlier. "That reminds me! Why are you so lonely??" He asked as he looked at me. He looks so innocent despite some of his jokes hurting ones emotions.

"What do you mean?" I asked and raised an eyebrow at him, he soon sat down next to me. "Well, I noticed you're always alone and quiet. That's not really something award winning if I say so myself!" He answered. Was that a pun? Towards me? Should I be offended? I shook my head and let it slide. "It's because everyone here is so fucking weak. Who breaks down because of questions? They're focusing too much on others than themselves. I'm doing the opposite." I answered as I crossed my arms and looked away, leaning my back against the wall.

"Hm, I say I'm pretty strong to come up with you to give you company even if there was a high possibility you'll punch me!" Cheesy said, he still has a smile on his face and his tone was very positive and happy. "Well, wait— Why did you even offer me company? It's not like I need anything." I asked with a pinch of confusion as I looked at Cheesy. "That's where you're wrong! Everyone needs somebody to talk to, even you, Mr. Horseplay!" He answered and chuckled towards me. Hm, I guess he's right. "Thanks... I suppose." I replied and looked back on the floor as he just nodded in response. There wasn't much to talk about. All I know about him is that he tells jokes. Cheesy ones too. Man, saying a joke feels so weird. It's so not me, at all.

He kept a little conversation going, jokes there and that...and, everything. It can get a little annoying, he doesn't really shut up. I feel like he can go on and on and on without getting tired. His company is...well, how can one say this? It's okay, I guess. He isn't that bad as I used to think and imagine. I judged him pretty badly. If I gave him a chance before, I'd say we could be "friends" or whatever. Test tube soon came, she had a...bandage wrapped around her head? I glanced over to Fan who was not...okay. She didn't say my name luckily, neither did Cheesy's. She said Yin-Yang's. Those annoying little—

"Trophy?"

"Right, what?" I asked and turned my attention back towards Cheesy. "Uhh, you were zoned out and- Did I say something unfunny? I probably did, sorry about that! I can rephrase all my sentences if—" "Shh! Gosh, you didn't say anything. Infact, I didn't even hear any bullshit you said." I talked over him and then rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "Oh." He said and then blinked. "I'd like you to say it all again," I said, or asked. "Oh! Sure!!" He said happily and pasted that smile on his face again. He has...weird mood swings. Or change of personalities from time to time. One mistake he's like 'oh sorry!' and then when I say it's okay he's back to being his normal self.

I sense that he isn't okay. Like mentally, at all. I soon sighed and actually started to pay attention to whatever the hell he was saying. I feel like I actually have to take care of him. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked gently as I looked at him. He paused for a while and then started laughing, "Of course I am!! What got you thinking that I wasn't?! You're funny!" He said as he continued to laugh. This guy, I'm being serious but. But... I won't force him, I'll keep an eye on him. Maybe I'm not that...guy, that guy I used to think for myself while in this situation.

Maybe I do care. But goddamnit. He makes it so confusing and difficult for me to care. It's like he's hiding the fact he isn't okay. Which is NOT okay. I'll take care of him. Watch him. I sigh. For fucks sake. Why do I even need to? He doesn't want help. "Trophy! You're not listening again!! You have MASSIVE issues with not listening well. You know that, right? Luckily for you! I can repeat what I just said to you!" Cheesy said a bit demandingly. I groaned, "No, Cheesy- Ugh. Nevermind. I'm not going to listen again, you're right. So just shut u—" "But I can't!" He talked over me as he looked at me with pure eyes, he tilted his head.

"I've told you I hate the silence."

"You have to listen."

"Oh. I'm so sorry- I didn't hear you. I was stuck in my own thoughts." I apologized and then looked away, I felt...bad. I need to listen. Okay. All ears. ... Oh. "Sorry, but I hear you now." I apologize once again after hearing and knowing why. "It's fine! Will you listen to what I'll say then?" He asked happily as I nodded in agreement. This can get me distracted about my camera for I'm guessing a good solid 2 hours. Heh, can't believe I'd say this but I like him, he's a good friend. I can tell he's doing his best to be likable by the others. If he manages to impress me, I'm sure he'll be making friends left and right.

———

Word Count: 1,587

Thank you for reading Chapter 9 of Insanity Test! Make sure to follow or subscribe to get instant notification when a new Chapter is up!

Chapter cover made by me once again!

———

Co-Writer:  / dxisy