; Interlude : Attachments

The following events happened after Marshmallow and Apple talked to Paper.

; Marshmallow .

5:39pm.

As I pulled Apple out of Paper's office, I let out a sigh of relief. Turning my head towards her, giving her a small glare. I groaned. "Why? Whyy?" Apple asked me as she stopped tugging onto my arm. I just raised an eyebrow. "You tiny brained fruit! No one knows we're here!" She said as I nodded. "Oh! I forgot! Hehe!" Apple replied and giggled as I sighed and shook my head. I can't be mad at Apple—especially because she held a grudge for so long towards me before.—I gave her a gentle smile, "Just be careful next time." I said as I began to walk downstairs. "Sure thing! Just tell me what 'careful' means?" She asked as she tilted her head, following me. I giggled and continued to walk as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Walking is so 2014." He said as he followed along—like he can go anywhere else anyways.—She nodded, "I agree with my ripoff!" She said as she nodded and followed me. I soon left the Hotel and went to the so-called 'Purgatory Mansion' with the others following me. "Ah, home sweet home~!" She said and began to fly—or float—around inside the Mansion. I soon took a seat on the dusted couch as Apple sat next to me. "I miss Paintbrush," I muttered underneath my breath and hugged both my legs and sighed. I noticed that Apple was about to talk but Bow spoke over her.

"Oh please, Marsh! Stop being so down about that– I don't even know what he is." Bow said and floated above me with a whiny tone. I groaned, "Paintbrush isn't a he—" "Oh! My bad, she's a she then!" She continued as I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Says the one who's a then/was..." I whispered under my breath, "Marsh! That's disrespectful to the dead-" Apple said and gently touched my arm as I flinched away. "And she was being disrespectful about pronouns!" I replied and rolled my eyes. "Quiet down you guys, I'm trying to make an Instagram post!" Dough said as the room filled with silence.

Apple soon stood up and ran towards the window as she looked out the window. I soon followed and looked up at the stars. Stars? At 5pm? Isn't it too early for it to be this dark outside? "Hey uhm, Bow, what time is it?" I asked and turned my head towards Bow, "5:48pm." She answered. I turned my attention back outside the window. "Oh! Paper's talking to Suitcase!" I said and pointed my finger at them. "Oooh! About time!" Apple said and smiled as her attention shifted towards the two talking. I wonder what they're talking about. But I hope Paper manages to get Suitcase back inside the Hotel.

"Are you two just going to watch them or what?" Bow said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes and then floated towards us. "I'm just...worried about everyone else right now." I replied and sighed as I kept my gaze on the two who were talking outside at the docks. "Why did you just suddenly care? You didn't give two shits about this the first week." She said as she began to type on her phone. I groaned as I was about to shout when Apple gently put her hand on my shoulder. My attention shifted to her as I gave a small sigh and looked away. "Don't let her get to you. I know Paintbrush is fine, they're pretty strong like you said! Don't doubt your friends!" Apple told me with a reassuring tone and face.

I sighed and just nodded as I turned away from the window. I soon went back on the couch, "Tell me if anything happens," I said, ignoring eye contact with everyone inside the room. I know Apple would watch Suitcase and Paper for a good while, she tends to get distracted very well. Meanwhile, I just sat there, phoning.

[6:01pm]

"They're going back inside the Hotel, that's a relief!" Apple said with a smile as she went away from the window and sat next to me. "Hold on, what's relief?" Apple asked and tilted her head and glanced over me with the purest eyes, she was like a kid. I chuckled. "Are we going back to the Hotel too?" Apple asked me. Gosh, she's so adorable! "Maybe later," I answered with a small gentle smile on my face. "Good! I don't have a signal inside the Hotel! I can't share my pictures on Instagram!" Bow said as she leaned against the edge of the couch. Why sit when you're a ghost? Augh, whatever. I'm just glad nothing's happened yet.

; Apple's POV .

[7:30pm]

"Can we go back now?" I asked and glanced over at Marsh, "Sure, Apple." she answered and nodded and stood up from the couch. I soon happily followed as the other two ghosts followed as well. Not like they can go anywhere else anyways! As we exited the mansion. We saw Pickle walking away from the Hotel with a backpack. "Huh?" I tilted my head and watched him leave the Hotel. "It's probably nothing! Keep moving!" Bow said as Marsh just rolls her eyes and continues to walk. I continued to follow. We soon made it inside the Hotel, going upstairs to our room. Yes! Me and Marsh share a room! I flopped on the bed and smiled.

"Where do you think Pickle is going, Marsh?" I asked to start a conversation because I could literally feel the growing tension in the room!—What's tension though?—. "Hm... I'm honestly not sure. I don't really know Pickle that well. Besides dating Knife... Eugh." Marsh answered and groaned. Oh right! Pickle and Knife are dating! "Wasn't losing his boyfriend like, made him depressed?" Dough said and shrugged from his statement. "What if he's going to off himself?" Bow added. "Hey! Don't say that! Oh my God, what if he is?! Shouldn't we find h—" Marsh said and began to panic.

"I don't think he will? He has a bag with him. I don't think if he's gonna kill himself would bring anything, y'know?" I said just to calm Marshmallow's mind off. She soon took a breath of relief. "I guess you're right... Bow, don't say that kind of stuff again!" Marsh replied and then scolded Bow. I chuckled and watched the two of them have a little fight. It was really entertaining to watch!

———

Word Count: 1,091

Thank you for reading the first ever Interlude of Insanity Test! Make sure to follow or subscribe to get instant notification when a new Chapter or Interlude is up!

Sorry this took long and it's really short. But don't worry! Updates may be semi-fast once again! 

Interlude cover by me once again! Also, I tried doing a different way of making a cover. We'll still do the drawings, don't you worry <3 !

———

Co-Writer:  / dxisy