; Camping Trip .

This is also up on Ao3! You can check it out there as well if you want to support us even more!

Just a heads-up: Taco IS in the book.

———

; 3rd Person's POV .

"Alright guys! We're about to leave! I've told MePhone and the other guys on the Island we're about to go now. C'mon c'mon!" OJ yelled, he was standing on the side of the Hotel's doors. Counting and checking if everyone has exited the Hotel. Once no one else was walking out the Hotel. He glanced at the Objects outside the Hotel, he swears someone else wasn't there. He finally got who. He groans in annoyment. "Yin-Yang isn't here." He says. — The Beverage goes back in the Hotel and goes upstairs, he yells "Yin-Yang! Hurry up! We're about to leave!". He waits for any response from among the two brothers.

Yin-Yang soon came out of their room, holding some...insect repellent. "We should've been out by now but YANG had to find these stupid insect repellents!" the Lighter Half said from annoyance, rolling his eyes. "You know how much I hate those annoying insects!! Buzzing and flying around!" Yelled the Darker Half. The two started fighting among themselves as OJ yelled, "Stop fighting!! We're about to leave!" he exclaimed and went downstairs to exit the Hotel. The two brothers soon followed down.

Once everyone was outside; "Everyone got everything they needed for the camping trip? We'll be there for 2 weeks." OJ asked, making sure everyone has everything before they go. Everyone nods and answers a simple 'yeah' to him. He soon locked the Hotel and started walking to the direction of the forest. — The longer they walk, the more the others start to question if OJ knows where they were camping at. "We've been walking for HOURS, are you sure you know where we're going?" Pepper asks as she rolls her eyes. Her tone was clearly annoyed, not wanting to take another stop. But everything she said was just an exaggeration.

"Pepper, it's been 8 minutes." OJ said "And yes, of course I know - Uhm, yes." He continues. No one asked anything else, they were just hoping that OJ actually knew where they were going... — After a couple more minutes, "Aha! Told you! I know where we're camping,"he said. Everyone else soon groaned and some jaws dropped. "You mean we're camping at the Season 2 place?! AND WE SPENT SO LONG TO WALK?!" Trophy yelled, specifically looking at OJ. He was ready to punch the Glass Beverage and make the juice out of him spill from the broken glass. Trophy holds in all the anger and annoyance as he tries to calm down.

"Calm down, Trophy. A good 10 minute walk wouldn't hurt anyone! Plus, it's healthy to do so." Pickle said. Trophy just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms as he groaned. "Where's the Season 3-ers? I wanna see Painty!!" Lightbub asked, looking around the area if they were there yet. They weren't there yet, sadly. "They aren't here yet. I'm sure they'll be here soon. Let's set up camp for the meantime." OJ answered. Everyone soon agreed. They put their bags down on the ground and started setting up the tents.

After a while, the others soon came. Along with MePhone. "Hey guys!" said the inanimate Phone, waving his hand as they walk towards the group of Objects. "I did not tell you to go with them. Who- Who invited this MENACE who crashed a plane to MY Hotel?!" OJ said, pointing at MePhone as soon as they got to where they were setting up their tents. MePhone nervously starts to think of a reason why he is here. He soon got a cliche answer, "I went along to make sure of everyone's safety! They are my contestants after all. You included! - Everyone included!" he said.

"Wow, 'make sure of everyone's safety', exactly why you got sent a Safety Report to you that one time." Nickel said sarcastically, he snickers at the end. Balloon was heard with a quiet soft chuckle, he quickly clears his throat and looks away. "Whatever, you're here now - Can't do anything about it now as well." OJ said, sighing at the end. "You guys can set up your tents now though!" said the Beverage. There was a long silence in the atmosphere, it was broken when Silver Spoon spoke. "We don't have anything back on the Island, if you remember, my dear." he said. OJ soon realized that. He started thinking about how the others can have a place to...sleep at night.

Right! MePhone can generate things, right? Yeah! OJ thought in his head. "MePhone, since you're here for everyone's safety! Generate them tents." OJ said as he turned to MePhone, giving him an annoyed glare. MePhone groans and sighs, he still did it though. He generated some tents for the other contestants. — Others soon started and continued to set up their tents, putting their valuables in it as well.

; Baseball's POV .

I was helping Suitcase set up her tent, as she doesn't have arms. And so do I! But I'm still helping. While we were setting up, Suitcase had to ask how things are, now that he's back. "How are you holding up, Baseball? He's here now, why aren't you...trying to talk to him?" she asked, tying the knot of the tent onto the nail sticking onto the ground. "I'm doing alright, I just don't know what to talk to him about. It's been a...long time." I answered, glancing at my back, looking at him. I soon turned away and smiled awkwardly. "But I'm mostly okay,".

"You should talk to him sooner or later," She said, "I'm going to talk to Balloon after I finish my tent. Which reminds me! Have you set up yours yet?" Suitcase asked, looking up at me. I shake my head, "No, not yet. I'll do it after you finish yours." I answered. She soon nodded in response. We continued setting up her tent. As we finished; Suitcase went to talk with Balloon as she had said earlier. And I went to set up my tent.

While I was setting up my tent, "Hey Baseball," I heard that familiar voice, that voice was carved in my head. Couldn't get rid of it, and trust me, I've tried. I turn around to face him, right. "Hi, Nickel." I replied. There was a big silence between me and Nickel, I was thinking of a response, smiling nervously. It's been so long that I don't know what to say to him. Whatever, I know how to act around him... He seems to tolerate it anyways. Nickel soon sat on the ground, patting the ground next to him. I soon sighed and sat next to him. He asks, "So, how are things?"

; Balloon's POV .

Since MePhone generated our tents, it was already set up. Sure, there wasn't any equipment in it... But there was already a sleeping bed in it as well. So there wasn't anything else for me to set up. — I sat on the ground and looked around. The...memories here aren't good. Or well. Or nice. Or- or anything positive... But it's just memories. I can always look up ahead and... Change. "Hey, hi, Balloon –" That voice that I kept wanting to hear spoke—Which is real. This time.—She sat next to me and smiled gently. I gave her a warm smile back and waved my hand. "Hi Suitcase!" I replied.

"How are things?" She asked. I can tell she changed, she doesn't look half us...well, how she was back then. I'm really proud of her. "Uhm... Good! Good! Yeah, everything's...swell." I answered, looking off at the distance, looking at everyone I was with on the Island. Everything that happened on the Island...just gives me mixed signals. "What about you?" I asked and glanced back at Suitcase. "Doing better than before. Me and Baseball are on good terms now—I think—but I know he means well." She answered as she watched Baseball talking with Nickel not too far away from us.

"At first I was worried about Baseball... But in the end, he just needed time. We both did, it...helped, a lot." Said Suitcase as she continued to watch the two round objects. I tilted my head, "What do you mean? Why were you worried?" I asked. "Well... When Nickel got eliminated, it really had a big impact on him." She explained, turning her head to look at me. "Honestly, I was devastated when you got eliminated. You were the only one I know I can trust, so me and Baseball went through the same thing. At the same time..." She continued, keeping eye contact with me. I smile gently at her, knowing that she cared when I got eliminated... I appreciate it, so so much.

"I'm rooting for you this Season, if you don't win – You got so far. And I'm glad for you." She said and smiled brightly at me. Oh, wait, right! "Same with you, Season 2. Rooting for ya'!" I said, returning a smile towards her. She smiles gently. It was nice to catch up on things with Suitcase. Knowing that she's been doing okay after everything is a good thing! Feeling good about this whole camping trip thing... It's a nice 2 week break! Just a quick stop from everything. It's really nice of OJ to bring us along. This is gonna be GREAT!

———

Word Count: 1,543

Thank you for reading Chapter 1 of Insanity Test! More chapters to come and read! Make sure to like and add to your reading lists to get instant notification when a new Chapter is up!

———

Book over on Ao3 (check my bio)

Co-Writer: eepydaze / dxisy