- AUTHOR'S NOTE -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In order to cheer people up after that last chapter, I decided to write a fun little chapter detailing some headcanons and trivia about Athena and some of the other characters!

Of course, please let me know headcanons that you have about any of the characters, I'd love to read them <3

Athena Spring :

I was actually inspired to write Athena after watching 10 Things I Hate About You and Athena is heavily inspired by Kat Stratford! They're both incredibly intelligent, sarcastic and, of course, absolute haters :')

However, I believe Athena is more hardworking and less socially confident than Kat, she places her entire value on her academic ability and her parents' opinions whereas Kat tends to be confident enough in herself to rise above other's opinions of her.

Athena was originally going to be called Penny when I first began writing Circus Freak, named after Penthesilea, one of the most skilled Amazon warriors in Greek mythology. That's why Dani's name is short for Deianeira, another powerful Amazon.

Some of Athena's hobbies (some of which will be expanded upon in future chapters) include playing bass guitar, scrapbooking and volleyball. I actually headcanon that there are multiple schools like the Academy in the Capitol, the Academy is just the most prestigious, so Athena is on the Academy volleyball team as an Outside Hitter and plays against other schools!

Due to this, Athena is also very tall, I headcanon her and Treech to be the same height at 5ft 11in (since in the movie Treech is the tallest in the pack).

I think I mentioned this in a previous chapter, but Athena is an INTJ personality type. She's very calculated, strategic and can appear quite socially awkward (good thing Treech is an extrovert in this fic lmao). 

Also, for the girls out there, Athena is bisexual ;)

Treech Blackwood :

So, as the title of the story says, I decided that District Seven's main source of entertainment is a makeshift circus that's been running for several decades. Treech is actually a trapeze acrobat in this but learned to juggle from his eldest brother Robin. I got the idea after watching Avatar: The Last Airbender since Ty Lee is my favourite character :)

Treech has a large family, he is the youngest of five brothers! He is definitely a mama's boy, this wouldn't be a Treech fic if he wasn't :')

In this fic, I believe Treech is an ENFJ personality type, he's very polite and has a great sense of humour. Since he's been in the circus since he was born, he loves to perform, it's his passion.

However, I think he has other hobbies too! In my opinion, Treech seems very intelligent (I'm looking at you, book Treech) so I think he's very creative, he loves to paint the animals in the woods (inspired by Peeta being a painter) and landscapes around his District. I think, since he's worked in the circus and as a lumberjack since he was a kid, he didn't often have time for school and could only turn up every now and then just to make sure he knows what's going on lmao.

Of course, let me know your personal headcanons, I'll be posting more of these author notes throughout the book with more characters like Persephone, Sejanus, Lysistrata and (although she isn't in this story) Vipsania!

Also, I was going to announce this towards the end of my story but I'll announce it now, I actually have a work in progress fic in my drafts which will be a Vipsania x FemOC fic! I plan to start publishing this in early April once Circus Freak is nearly finished :)

Also, I am really excited to say that andr-meda has given me permission to feature Cari Finch in this fic too! If you haven't already, please read Naivete since it's an amazing fic!

As always, thank you for reading this far and have a lovely day!

- Laurel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~