Chapter 14

Gabriella POV.

Noticing their gaze was still on me, I looked at mam with pleading eyes as I knew that she knew what was going on.

"Uhm," she started speaking but was interrupted by Hannah.

"How did you do that?" she asked and I sighed in relief.

"Just some spells taught by my granny," I answered but did not dare say more than that.

"You aren't serious when you ask her that, are you?" Mike asked as he stared at her sharply.

"Mike, where are you looking as if you are going to eat me up?" Hannah said as she hid behind Miranda. "Also, is it wrong that I am asking that? I never knew that we could do such a thing."

Mike rolled his eyes as he looked at me.

"Hannah, can't you concentrate for once? Can't you see a white wolf and the brothers' mansions?" Olivia said, making Hannah look around.

I was looking at them as I held my breath. My mind was blank and I didn't know what I would tell them. I just wanted to draw everything that is close to me. That makes me feel whole.

I haven't been in some but they feel familiar to me. They make me feel whole.

After hearing her words and upon getting a closer look, they all turned to me.

"Little girl, can you please explain why you drew them?" Mike asked and I pretended to be confused.

"What? I just drew what came to my mind. Why are you shocked when you see a white wolf? Don't they exist?" I asked pretending I didn't know anything.

He sighed before pointing at the mansion.

"That house, it is the house that was on the opposite of the mansion you had visited. It belongs to the brothers but they have a sister. They are the original werewolves. Apart from the original werewolves who have white wolves, there are no other white wolf wolves. I am both shocked and confused," he said.

"Why?" Miranda asked.

"Can't you see that she didn't draw any of them? She drew a younger white wolf making me wonder whether there is another original wolf other than them," Mike said with a frown on his face.

"Mike, you tend to forget that we aren't as old as you are! Of course you know them but we don't," Miranda said as she glanced at him.

Mike didn't say anything to that but looked at me sharply as if he was trying to see through me. I gulped as I lowered my head in fear that he might realise something. I can't believe that I messed up twice in a row since we got here. The thought of it made me shiver afraid that I might end up making a big mistake.

'The mansion? The original werewolves? Isn't that my paternal family?'

What he had said rang in my mind, making me look at the mansion painting. I couldn't help but wonder whether my wolf was trying to come out when I looked at it cause it is supposed to be my home.

"You are all talking about the original werewolves can't you see the house in the forest belongs to one of the ancient and strongest witches?" Olivia said as she stared at the painting deeply and seriously.

I was so shocked and turned to it.

"What do you mean? We know about the original werewolves as we live in their land but we don't know about the witch you are saying since we aren't witches," Miranda said and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Yes, it is true but didn't her descendants die? How can there be a younger person there doing magic?" Olivia asked and I felt eyes on me making me turn my head to that direction.

"You are her. That's why you are so powerful that you can even see the spirits attack and fight back. That's why the spirit can't do anything to you," Hannah said as she stared at me.

I panicked. Even though I didn't know what she was talking about, I knew whatever she said made me anxious.

"Come on Hannah. The girl isn't Gabriella. How can we come from a powerful lineage and I don't know about it? If she is her doesn't that mean the powerful witch is my grandmother? My grandmother wasn't powerful at all. Also, don't forget we come from a coven," mom said immediately she felt my panic and I sigh in relief.

"She is right. If it is really Gabriella then won't that mean the wolf is also her?" Olivia said, making me hold my breath and I felt mom's panic.

Hannah frowned as she heard what she said, she opened her mouth then shut it. Maybe she saw there wasn't any point of arguing with mom or thought whatever Olivia said made sense.

All through, Mike was looking at me. I averted my attention from the women and looked at him. He gave me a sharp glance before averting his gaze.

"Maybe she once saw the pictures somewhere. Don't forget that they didn't even know who the mansion belonged to," Miranda said.

"It is getting late. I am going to take my leave," Mike said as he turned around to leave as if he didn't want to stay there any longer.

"So fast? It's as if you are running away from something," Olivia said with a frown on her face.

She just asked what was in my head but there is no way I was going to ask that!

Mike stopped and glared at her.

"She reminds me of someone," he answered and I saw the three women puzzled.

In my mind, I cussed Olivia for stopping him as I knew that I am doomed.

"Who?" Hannah asked curiously.

"I don't want to see more cause I am not sure. But her eyes and hair!!! It's not questionable but with all the paints, it becomes more ...."

"Mike, weren't you leaving?" mom said, panic in her eyes and I knew that she also knew what the old man wanted to say.

I saw Mike sternly look at mom as if he was trying to see through her before turning around and leaving without saying any other word.

The ladies were puzzled and looked at mom waiting for him to explain what had just happened but mom ignored them.

"Rosarina, do you need any other help so that we can help you before leaving?" Miranda asked mom after some time.

"We will just go and buy some furniture so that by tomorrow we will have finished moving in and Gabby can start going to school," mom said, making me pout as I hated school.

They later left and I was left alone.

'Why don't we go to the mansion?'

1129 words.

07.03.2024

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!