Chapter 12

Gabriella POV.

Waking up early has never been my hobby or anything. I love sleep because it takes me to another world full of happiness and no worry unlike my world, where I am constantly reminded who I really I am, what kind of danger roams around me, that I might never see my cousins and family and I don't know my father like every other kid.

I sat up as my vision was still blurry because of the sleepiness. I rubbed my bleary eyes before throwing away the duvets which had covered me. If it weren't for the fact that we are in a hotel and there might me cctvs, I would have changed into my wolf form and sleep.

I walked to the washroom and looked at myself through the mirror, took my brush, added toothpaste and started brushing without diverting my gaze from my other side.

After an hour of cleaning up and searching for the clothes to wear, I was done with my daily routine.

"Mom, I think I need to transform my wardrobe into something else. I can't be tasteless in fashion for the rest of my life," I said as I walked towards her.

She averted her gaze from her breakfast and looked at me while chuckling.

"Agreed, it seems you took after your grandma in fashion styles," she said as she returned to eating her meals.

"Mom, you can say that to your only daughter, now. But I guess what you are saying is the truth. I had always stayed with granny when I am free and she is the one who usually takes me out for shopping when Eva and Ava are busy," I said as I was hit with nostalgia.

"Hei, don't worry, you will one day see them again. Who knows, maybe they will be joining us here soon," mom said while holding a sandwich in her hand.

"But mom, that is impossible. We both know how difficult it is to get out of the coven and move to another place if one is not banished," I said with sadness in my voice.

"It may be difficult for others and not our family. All I know is that mom and dad sought out refuge in the coven so I don't think they abided by that rule," mom explained.

"What do you mean grandma and..."

I tried asking but she interrupted me by saying, "don't ask me anything since I also don't know. Our families are special."

Hearing that, I knew for sure that she wasn't going to tell me more, hence I pretended that we did not have such a topic.

"Anyways, since when did you learn to wake up so early?" she asked as she sized me up, making me roll my eyes.

"Of course there is no way you are going to leave me here all alone. I will accompany you as you go see the houses," I said as I sat next to her.

"Actually about that," she said as she put aside her breakfast, making me raise my eyebrows.

"What happened?" I asked filled with curiosity.

"We went to various houses which were vacant but there was something wrong with them. I felt nervous and as if death was upon those houses. I later learned that the reason as to why they were vacant for more than fifteen years is because whoever went into those houses, something bad would happen to them," she explained and I was shocked and at the same time sad.

"Does that mean that we will be living in this hotel? What about my runs?" I asked anxiously.

"Baby, you need to relax. There is a mansion which I am supposed to check it out today. Let's hope for the best," she said, making me sigh in relief.

"Come on, eat your breakfast then we will leave," she said and I took the breakfast which was set aside.

"Hello there Gabby," Olivia greeted me happily.

Her smile was so real, warming and contagious since I found myself smiling back at her.

"Hello," I said to the women.

They looked at mom with questioning eyes.

"While, she insists on joining us. She claims that she is bored staying alone in the room," mom said.

"Okay. I am Brianna's mom, Miranda. I think you know her, right?" the woman with them said.

"Hello. Mom, let's get going before we are met by the scorching sun," I said as I exited the hotel and I could hear them laughing at me.

"Well, lucky you, I came with my car today," Hannah said as she flipped the keys.

We walked towards a blue BMW 5 series. I knew that it was a BMW since my cousins and I were addicted to checking out cars. Life was boring in the coven hence we had to keep ourselves busy by familiarising ourselves with the modern stuff.

The car drove out of the car and it seemed we were in a hamlet. The only difference was that there were a lot of trees and shrubs. It later stopped in front of a rusted gate which made me frown deeply.

"We are here, let us go in," Hannah said as she got out of the car.

We followed behind and halted as she was opening the gate.

"It seems that the house is far away, maybe we should drive the car in. What do you think?" Olivia said as she looked at the place.

As lazy as I am, I was the first one to agree on that.

The house was so huge since it was more than a four storey building. The air was so fresh, the trees and grass were everlasting green. There were flowers in a garden as if someone had planted them but the weeds had ruined the beauty of it. Different kinds of birds were flying from one tree to another causing leaves to fall down. The ground was full of dry leaves.

Looking at the house, I marvelled since I wondered how there wasn't even a broken window.

"This house is so huge," Miranda said.

"Why doesn't the owner arrange for people to clean this place?" mom with a frown on her face.

"Can you see that house?" Olivia asked her as she pointed in the opposite direction.

"Yeah. It is larger than this house. Is it the other mansion you were talking about?" mom asked.

"You are right but that house belongs to the siblings. No one likes to come here in fear they might come across them," Hannah said and I shot her a confused look.

They all ignored my curious and questioning face and continued exploring the compound.

"Does that mean that I might not find people to clean this place up if I agree to rent it?" mom said sorrowfully and the women nodded their heads.

"There is no need for us to live in this house when it's just my daughter and I. If my family was here, it would have been a different story. Let's go," mom said.

I stayed rooted where I was as I didn't want to leave this place. The nature was so beautiful and I knew this kind of place was perfect for us to live in without people being interested in our lives and for the runs.

"Come on Gabby," mom called me and I went to her.

I felt familiar with the house which Hannah had said belonged to the siblings. My wolf was so anxious and it wanted to come out.

"Mom," I called out to her anxiously as I grabbed her arm and looked at the ground.

My eyes had started changing and my claws had come out.

1288 words.

16.11.2023

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!