Chapter 5.

I will be updating everyday in this NaNoWriMo period so stay tuned.

Gabriella POV.

"Tell me again why we had to use the plane?" I asked mama for the tenth time after landing.

"Cause we don't want to pop into a new town unannounced. They may think that we are their enemies," she said.

"Do I care?" I asked arrogantly.

"Where the hell is this attitude coming from?" She asked sharply.

"I am really tired," I said.

"Kid, do you know that we still have to take a taxi or bus to Donaldsonville," she said, making me groan.

"I hate life," I screamed, earning some glares from people around us, making me roll my eyes.

"Just keep yourself busy by comparing this place with where we lived," she said.

I hummed as a response. I dragged my luggages as I followed mom as she walked to the airport exit. I really have to keep an eye on her before I really lose her. There are a lot of people here. Maybe this city is huge, what the hell am I even saying? Of course, they are called cities because they are huge and can have a lot of people living there.

"Good morning, how will it cost to take us to Donaldsonville?" Mom asked a taxi driver.

"I am sorry ma'am, but that place is filled with creatures of every kind. There is no way I am going there," the man said as he started walking away from us as if we had some leprosy, making mom sigh.

"Do you know who can take us there?" I asked since I was getting tired of standing. I saw him flashing a glance at an elderly man at the farthest end but it seemed he was afraid of saying it out loud.

"Thank you, we will take our leave right now," I said as I started dragging my luggage and walking towards that direction.

"Where do you think you are going? We have to get a cab to take us there," Mom said as she tried to catch up with me and I rolled my eyes in return.

"I just saw him gazing at a man over there so that's why we are going so that we can see if he would take us," I answered as I halted to wait for her.

We walked towards the direction and I could feel some stares from the taxi drivers. I knew they knew that there was a reason that the driver had rejected us and the reason we were walking to the farthest end. Just like the previous driver, they took steps back and diverted their gazes hurriedly when they noticed that we could look at them if they stared at us so much. Upon arrival, the man looked at us.

"Hello, sir. My daughter and I want to go to Donaldsonville. Can you kindly take us there?" Mom said politely.

"Are you going to visit anyone?" he asked.

"No, we aren't. We are moving there," mom answered.

"Okay. Get in the car so that we can start the journey since it would take us two and a half hours," he said.

After keeping our luggages in the trunk, we got in the car. The city was full of people and tall buildings. I am so sure that I could easily get lost if I got distracted when going shopping with mom but luckily, we won't be living in this big city. A lot of people had different hair colours and it made me feel happy and giggle cause it seems I won't be the unique one anymore and gaining attention from various people.

"Have you already bought a house in the town?" the driver asked mom.

"No, we haven't. Just take us to a good hotel where we would live as we look for a house and also arrange for her school," she said.