Chapter 7

Gabriella POV.

"Why is your mother in the coven once more?" Sharon said as she turned to look at me.

"Do you have any problem with that?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I guess I have but that will depend," she answered cheekily then started walking once more.

"By the way, you haven't told us your name yet," Abigail asked beside me.

"My name is Gabriella Romero," I answered as I continued walking since I just wanted to find mom as soon as possible.

"Why did you and your mam come to this town?" Brianna asked without looking back.

"We...."

"Aaah," a scream interrupted me when I was just about to answer her question, making us turn our heads and look at Sharon who had screamed and her face was full of fear.

"You ungrateful children, why have you brought the werewolves and vampires in the coven?" a voice asked in the dark.

We looked around for it but we couldn't find it. I was shocked and also in fear since I had never encountered such a thing. The fact that we are in a secluded area, trees everywhere making it difficult for a car to pass through. On the side, there were tombs and different walls, some with mirrors in between the trees, making the place weird and people being afraid did not help me at all. Instead, I gasped for air and held my breath afraid that something might happen if I breathed out.

"Great ancestor," both Sharon and Eleanor said while getting down on their knees.

"It seems that both of you were taught well," it said and we could tell that the person talking was very pleased. "But don't think that I will..."

She stopped talking and I could feel eyes on me. Looking around, I saw that neither of the girls were looking at me hence it meant that the 'ghost' was.

"Stop staring at me. It's creepy," I said after she looked at me for some minutes, making me afraid since I didn't know what would happen if she pointed out that I was also a werewolf.

"Young girl, I don't know what you are afraid of. I really can't see through you. It seems that you have a strong protection charm around you.If I do break it just to see your life, your great-grandmother might get rid of my soul, making it impossible for me to be here thus I opt to stay out of trouble," the person said.

I sighed when I heard that but the others looked at me with questioning eyes thus I gave them a blank look.

"But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't bow to me like the rest," it said angrily, making me chuckle.

"Sorry your highness, I only bow to my ancestors but you aren't one," I said coldly and I felt it taking some steps back.

"You child, don't think I can't punish you just because you are powerful unlike the two witches with you," it said angrily, making me annoyed since I knew that that topic was like a stab in Sharon's heart.

"I am here to look for my mother. I would like to see how you will prevent the werewolf, vampire and I from walking in," I said emotionless.

"Sometimes ignorance does a lot of damage," It said in a tone which showed how displeased it was.

I looked at the two girls who were still kneeling down and I frowned, " Why are you both kneeling to show respect to a spirit that doesn't belong to your ancestors?" I asked.

"Even though she isn't, we have to pay respect to her since it is the coven's gate keeper and protector. Most people who fail in doing so always have difficult challenges as they walk in the coven area before arriving at the mansion," Sharon said.

"So, it's like it is hired by your ancestors to guide you and the remains in the coven?" I asked.

"Yes," Eleanor said.

"Now I understand why it is so arrogant. But that doesn't give it enough reason to demand respect from others," I said firmly.

"Grandmother told me that the reason it is here instead of the ancestors is because some ancestors tend to be selfish and greedy thus stealing thus favouring their own while punishing the others with no reason. It's better for this gatekeeper who demands respect and not other things," Eleanor explained further.

"But I will be going against what I was taught," I said with a pout.

Sharon shook her head then stood up. "I guess I have paid enough respect to her," she said and I broke into a grin.

"Sharon," Eleanor shouted, clearly displeased with her.

"What? We have been kneeling down for more than ten minutes and I don't think she was going to allow us to stand up. It's as if she didn't have any descendants that's why she loves making people kneel as a way to respect her," Sharon answered angrily.

We chuckled at her sentence but it seemed to be true. We were all looking at her without caring what the spirit was saying or doing. Something inside me screamed at me to watch out, thus I diverted my gaze from the girl. Through the strange mirrors, I saw a reflection of a lightning in the form of a sword going in Sharon's direction at a high speed.

"Fuck it. You spirit, it seems you are playing with fire," I said angrily as I brought my hands together forming a ball of fire then threw it in the sword's direction. When the fire and the sword met, a loud terrific voice was heard before the ground started shaking.

"How?" It asked in fear.

"You dare ask me how? You thought that I couldn't see your attack?" I asked back.

At this moment, Eleanor had already stood up and was standing beside Sharon while embracing her.

"How? It is always impossible to see the attacks formed by the spirits to us living beings," Eleanor said and I understood why they were shocked.

I had always known I was special but I didn't know why or who my ancestor was. I knew telling them how special I was might put me in danger and even make them hate me for being more powerful than them. I bit my lips as I lowered my head.

"There are walls of mirrors everywhere, I saw a reflection of a sword," I said but what I got in return was a total silence making me raise my head and look at the two witches with me.

"You know you are creepy, right?" Sharon asked and I gave her a confused look.

"We know that there are walls in between the trees, we can see them but we have never known they are made of glass making them look like mirrors," Eleanor said.

I was shocked and nervous at the same time since I guess I messed up even more. I remained silent for some seconds before getting my composure back.

"When we were walking, Abigail threw a stone, I heard a crack which got my attention. That's how I found out about the mirrors," I said as I looked her in the eye.

I felt everyone's eyes on me and I looked at each of them one at a time.

"Abigail, is it true that you threw a stone?" Sharon asked.

"Yes, I did," she answered.

They continued looking at me and I gave them questioning eyes.

"Why are you all looking at me like that? I thought that you had also heard the cracking sound," I said.

While I didn't get any response, I got even more confused.

"You all heard it, didn't you?" I asked and they shook their heads in return.

1307 words.

07.11.2023

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow