Chapter 1:

Gabriella POV.

Something was wrong with me but I couldn't pinpoint it.

I sighed as I looked at myself in the magic mirror in front of me. The Chiavari chair I was seated on was not really comfortable but it was enough for me since I needed to get ready for school. I took the medieval bone comb which is believed to be made of bones found in Viking hoards and started brushing my hair gently before tying it into a bun. Looking at the lilac-painted room full of unique pieces of stuff made from weird things and 'a little of magic' I smiled in satisfaction as I felt proud of it.

Looking outside, my silly smile broadened at the land which was filled with green grass combined with some yellow tulips on the right side of the veranda, pink chrysanthemums on the left, white lilies, purple iris, and red amaryllises surrounding the house thus making a magnificent scenery which made one feel at home and contented. In the open space, there was weeping willow, ginkgo, and white oak which provided shade to anyone who wanted to enjoy the cool breeze. I love the beauty that nature carries with it. It holds so many colors, both bright and dark. Bright, just like the angel's souls, and dark just like the dark magic.

The grin on my face was soon wiped off as I soon as I saw some kids with their bags as they were walking towards the narrow path leading to the forest and I was reminded that I still had to go to school since that was a shortcut to the town. I turned around swiftly and took my school bag and phone then walked out of the room. I ambled downstairs and planned to go straight to the kitchen but unfortunately, my grandpa had to stop me.

Immediately I saw him, a gentle expression appeared on my face.

"Morning child," he said in a serious tone but his eyes were so gentle making my heart feel warm.

"Morning Grandpa," I said as I kissed both of his cheeks.

I later walked past him to the kitchen since he always said a good morning then continued with what he was doing forgetting that there was another presence besides him.

"Morning," I mumbled as I arrived at the kitchen counter.

"Finally, you are awake, I was wondering why you are still asleep," my cousin Ava said, making me roll my eyes.

"Mom, I am hungry," I said with a pout on my face making her shake her head when she saw that.

"I am sorry baby but whose fault is it that you woke up late?" She asked with a mischievous expression

"Moooom," I yelled in embarrassment, making the others laugh.

"Both of you kids go to the dining room, your breakfast will be served to you in a few," Aunty said softly.

"Okay," we said as we exited the room.

"Are you excited about today?" Ava asked as she clung to my arm.

"What's special today to be excited about?" I asked as I rolled my eyes since she was always a jovial girl.

"Aaargh, Gaby. Do you have to be boring every day?" Eva asked in disappointment making me raise my eyebrows at the intruder.

Ava and Eva are twins. We are all age mates but they are older than me by one month. Unlike me who has auburn hair, they both have glossy black hair. Their face was oval with a small proportional nose, heart-shaped light pink lips, and round jawline and chin. Ava has big brown eyes while Eva has small gray eyes. The eyes are the only thing that helps people to tell the difference between the two. They are so beautiful and I always feel proud to have such cousins. Even though they are twins, they both have different tastes when it comes to selecting outfits. Ava was in black baggy ragged jeans, a white crop top, and white sports shoes while Eva was in a shift dress and six inches colorless heels. Looking down at my skinny blue jeans with a lilac tee-shirt and black sports outfits, I even felt embarrassed when walking with them since it seemed that I lacked a sense of fashion.