Chapter 8 - Being Exposed

[Word count - 707]

A few weeks ago...

Location - Orphanage, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

Things have been going smoothly for me ever since Eve and I started hanging out as friends. I know that we have to keep it a secret, but I am still lucky that I have a friend that actually cares about me. However, this is where everything came crashing down... 

While hanging out in my bedroom on my phone, I get a knock on the door, and Haruka came in. She looks like she has something on her mind... 

"Is everything okay?" I asked

"Afraid not." She answered. "Have you seen social media lately?"

"Not really. Why?" 

"Then maybe you should. It's about you and that Eve-chan girl." 

Now curious, I hopped on the app, and the first thing I see is a post about me and Eve. The username is ???, and this is what they said... 

Post: I saw Eve-san hanging out with a fan the other day. That's not fair that he gets special treatment, and not the rest of us! 

My heart stopped the second I saw this post, and I felt bad for not noticing it sooner. I read the comments and I noticed that people are pissed at me for stealing their precious Eve from them. It's not like I was trying to do it on purpose, so why are they getting so worked up over this?

"Are you... doing okay?" Haruka asked.

"To be honest, I don't know how to feel about all of this, and I am scared about how this will affect my friendship with Eve." I said as my eyes are glued to my phone.

As I kept looking at my phone, I see that a text message came in from Eve.

Eve's text: Hey, can you meet me at the riverside near Hanasakigawa? I need to talk to you about something serious.

She wants to talk to me about something serious? This can't be good.

Your text: Sure.
_____________________________________________

An hour later...

Location - Riverside

I arrived quickly at the riverside location Eve wants me to meet her at. I was in such a rush to get here that I didn't noticed the Sakura trees blooming in the background. This is a sign that Spring is here, and that tje new school year is fast approaching.

However, we have bigger problems on our hands. Once I got to the destination, I spotted Eve nearby.

"Hi Eve

"Hi Eve." I said.

"Hey, thanks for coming to meet me." She said, still smiling.

"No problem."

For someone who wants to meet with me seriously, at least I am still able to see her smile again, and maybe for the last time.

"I take it you saw what was being said on social media?" I asked.

"Yeah, and the staff at the agency was not pleased that I was interacting with you..." Eve said before looking away.

"Oh, I see..."

"I'm sorry... it's my fault that you're getting in trouble for me." I said while avoiding eye contact with her.

"Hey, it's not your fault." Eve replied. "It's my fault for not being more careful..."

"Eve..."

"There's only one thing we can do..."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yes... I suggest that we don't talk to each other until this whole mess blows over."

"I had a feeling you were going to say that..."

To be honest, I didn't want to lose Eve at all. But I don't need to get her into even more trouble than she already is, and if this is the only way to put an end to all of this, then I have no choice but to listen to her.

"So, this is it, huh?" Eve asked as I can see tears in her eyes.

"Yeah, it is

"Yeah, it is..."

Without saying another word to each other, Eve and I walk away in opposite directions. We didn't get a chance to say goodbye or anything, we just had to get away from each other before people see us.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: The Music of Destiny