Chapter 8: Tara meets Paramita

Sukanya is very tensed to go to School. There are boys along with girls there. It'll be difficult. Sukanya remained quiet for the first few days until some bullies came to her.
"Apka naam", he asked
"Sukanya..."
"Apka pata..."
"Agra..."
"Apke pita ka naam..."
Sukanya understood they are bullying her.
"Apko isse matlab?" She replied with a fierce stare.
"Matlab hai matlab hai... yeh humara area hai... aur hum yaha ke... bolo kaun..." the boy signed his friends
"Yuvraj...." the boys replied.
"Aur Yuvraj ka kartavya hai ki woh unki riyasat ki khabar rakhe..."
"Aisa keya..." Sukanya stood up in her style, "To aap yeh bhi jaan le... hum bhi Rajkumari hai..." Sukanya moved forward. Yuvraj got a bit uncomfortable by her style. Other students watched in amusement.
"Chal dekhte hai... ho jaye do do hat..." Yuvraj sat on the bench and kept his hand on the table, "ho jaye panje ka ek mukabla...."
Sukanya sat on the other side of the bench and defeated Yuvraj in a single shot.
"Mai ready nehi tha... ferse..." said Yuvraj. Sukanya put her hand and let Yuvraj play. Yuvraj was unable to move Sukanya's hand.

Sukanya's strength and smartness helped her to gain many friends. Being proficient in hindi and ancient ways of royal education she excelled in studies as well. Yuvraj and his sena got on fire being jealous.
---

Tara too got admission in the Medical college. Dhruv told her not to reveal to anyone that she's his wife as that might create a false impression that she got benefits for being his wife. Tara agreed to do so but denied to hide her sindoor and mangalsutra. She is not going to compromise with 'suhaag ki nishani'.
It's Tara's first day in college. Dhruv dropped her infront of the college and left the rest of the exploration on Tara herself, he doesn't want to spoon-fed her everything. Tara went into the college and saw a crowd near the office. Tara was deessed in a simple cotton anarkali kurti with pink floral design with shirt collar.
Tara moved forward slowly, "Shama kare.... 1st year ka classroom kidhar hai??"
Tara was quite a quick learner, she learned much of English in a few days. She learned to read and write English, 5 years ago, but it obviously needed brush up, specially the pronunciations. But yeah her base remains hindi.
"Hum bhi 1st year ke hai... tum humare sath khare ho jao..." replied a boy.
How dare he call her _tum_?! Well... perhaps it's the way out here, control Tara control.. Tara took a deep breathe.

She went to the classroom with others. The classroom looks classy with step like benches. She was suprised to see all choosing the back benches, she prefers the front. Slowly some courageous and ambitious beings got sitted beside Tara. All kept distance from each other as well were new. The Dean came to give some lectures of introduction. All the Professors were present with him.
"Well... honestly mujhe pata hai sab professors ko ek ek karke intro dena koi pasand nehi karta... so abhi aplog apna intro de de..." said the Dean.
Tara couldn't understand. What's _intro_?!
Students started giving their introduction. Tara understood, well _intro__ means _introduction_. Tara's heartbeat was fast, as her turn arrived she stood up and gave her intoduction as _Tarapriya Saxena_.
During the period break the girl sitting beside her intoduced herself.
"Hi Tarapriya..."
"Hi...."
"I'm Akriti..." the girl forwarded her hand. Tara shaked hands and smiled, "Tumhara naam bohat bara hai... will you mind if I call you Tara??"
"Tara?! Nehi... woh... woh mere gharwale mujhe bulate...." Tara replied in a shy tone.
"To fer Priya??"
"Ha... woh thick hai..."

Soon Tara made a few friends along with Akriti. Tara wasn't keen to make friends but Akriti was jolly. Tara impressed the Professors with her talent and so getting friends was obvious. Personally Tara hated boys calling her _tu_. How dare they?!

"Accha Priya... yeh bata... tu shadi keu kar li itni jaldi..." asked Rahul, the bandar boy
"Jaldi?! Jaldi kaha... woh shadi ke baad humare Pati ne kaha ki tum chikitsa vigyan mai bare abhigya ho to tum chikitsa vigyan ka adhayan kar lo..."
All looked at each other, Tara's hindi is too hard to digest for them.
"Itni acchi hindi kaha se sikhe tum??" Asked Kartik, the intellectual one.
"Humare waha aise hi hindi boli jati hai.. swabhabik hai... "
"Acchaa..."
"Jaise manna parega... tumhara Pati bohat bhale admi hai... tumko aise allow kiya padhne ko.. " said Ritika, "Meri jija ji to didi ki sare sapne tode the...." she sighed.