Missing | Angst to Fluff?

(The art above is not mine, and neither are the others unless i say they're mine! Also, this is my first fanfic, please don't judge-)

TW: Slight mentions of self-harm/suicide!

One morning, the sun was rising as small threads of sunlight seeped in the room through the gaps between the curtains. The small, ginger-haired man slept soundly, the sun rising slowly, as he heard a ringing coming from his phone, which was placed on his nightstand. It was his alarm, which he forgot to cancel the night before, as he took a day off of work. He opened his eyes slowly and tiredly while glaring at his phone, before turning the alarm off and getting up from his bed. The sun hadn't fully rose yet, but it was much brighter out than before. Chuuya rose up from his bed, heading to the kitchen to grab breakfast when a small piece of paper caught his eye.
"I went out for a while, don't expect me to come back sooner today.
-Dazai." The letter read.
Dazai was Chuuya's new roommate who had moved in two or three months ago. Knowing Dazai, Chuuya thought of what he had meant by the note, not thinking much of it. A few hours later, the sun had been hidden by the clouds, darkening the sky in a shade of grey, as it rained heavily. People passing by could be seen with umbrellas or rain coats, though they hadn't seemed to be doing a great job at keeping the people inside of them dry. Chuuya watched as the raindrop hit the window, wondering when his roommate would come back. He was starting to worry, as Dazai wouldn't even respond to his text messages, considering that he was the one always blowing up Chuuya's phone with random texts. Chuuya contacted some of the other Agency members, though apparently none of them had seen him. He attempted to call Dazai again, but was greeted with no answer. He then tried calling some of the Port Mafia members, and got lucky when he called Ryūnosuke Akutagawa, who had seen Dazai on the roof, sitting at the very edge.
"Shit. What if he (tried to) killed himself? That idiot."
He muttered under his breath. He realised that he might've been wrong, since this was typical Dazai behaviour, but still felt strangely worried. Nobody else had seen Dazai after his encounter with Akutagawa, so maybe it had been possible? Chuuya couldn't take this feeling anymore. He stood up from his chair immediately as he rushed to get a coat, but of course his were washing. He grabbed a hoodie instead, and violently pushed the door open with his phone in his hand. He didn't care if it rained. He just wanted his friend to be safe. He ran over towards the Port Mafia building, only to find Higuchi by herself, saying that she hadn't seen anyone leave nor enter the building.
"Not here.",Chuuya thought to himself.
The next stop was the Detective Agency. He shook the door open, and saw everybody staring at him. Ranpo, who had figured out why Chuuya was here, told him calmly, "Dazai-san isn't here. Hasn't been here the entire day, and hasn't contacted us."
Chuuya felt his heart race. Had Dazai really managed to kill himself this time? He didn't want to face the fact that it was probably true. Nobody had even seen him the entire day, and Dazai didn't answer a single one of them. Chuuya left the Agency building, not knowing where else to go. As he turned and entered into an alley, he thought all kinds of shitty stuff. "Why did Dazai have to be this stupid? Death didn't solve anything.". At this point, he was even holding back tears. He didn't want his friend who felt like family to him to die already. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted as he noticed a tall, slender figure with slightly messy hair. Could it really be? He then heard a familiar voice that sounded more soft than he had heard before.
"Chibi? What are you doing out here?"
It was Dazai. Good. Chuuya couldn't resist. He ran up to Dazai, who thought he(=Dazai) was about to get punched, and pulled Dazai into a hug. The poor ginger was soaking wet from searching for his friend all day, and his hands felt cold. Dazai couldn't help but smile slightly when he saw his roommate, who always acted like he hated his guts, hug him so tightly.
"Don't scare me like that anymore.", Chuuya managed to mumble, breaking the silence between the two.
"I won't. Promise.", he responded with sincerity.
"Is Chibi tired? Does Chibi want me to carry him back home like a princess?" Dazai asked, regaining his usual annoying personality that Chuuya (love)hated. Surprisingly, without hesitation, Chuuya agreed as Dazai put him on his back, holding an umbrella that the two shared. Chuuya was exhausted from all the searching, and fell asleep not long after. When the two arrived at Chuuya's apartment(cause Dazai isn't paying rent at his own apartment), Dazai shook the other off his back, and woke him up gently to got his to change his clothes. He didn't want his little Chibi catching a cold after all.

No matter how much he wanted to do it, he couldn't. The only thing stopping him from ending himself there, was the despair and sadness that Chuuya would've been in.

(Total words: 897)