Chapter 19

Safiya's Pov:

"I just can't take my eyes off of you, Tell me anything you wanna do, Nothing I can do about it"

It's been almost five months since I've been living in Fahad's house. Yesterday, I had a dream where I was back in my old house, in my old room, talking with Ammi and Abbu. I didn't feel good; I missed Abbu. I hope we'll reunite in Jannah. Ammi, Shazma Phuppo, and Phuppa also came back from Mumbai. Fahad's friend from Chicago also came to meet us. He was in the living room talking with Phuppo and Fahad. But despite all this time, my relationship with Fahad hadn't progressed.

I found myself in the kitchen, looking at the dishes that were cooked. Vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes were prepared, as Fahad's friend Qais had recently had a tumour removed. He had come to meet Fahad here but had fallen sick, leading to the sudden surgery. Destiny could take you anywhere; he had lived in Chicago but ended up in an Indian hospital.

We were eating when Qais suddenly said to me, "I've seen you before somewhere." I looked at him, confused, and asked, "Where?" He paused, placed his finger on his chin, and said, "Hmm, I don't remember much, but I guess two years ago, your hair wasn't that long." I smiled and replied, "Ah, at that time, I had just joined the office, so you must have seen me there." His face lit up, indicating that he remembered something, and then he continued to eat.

Everyone in the family was eating and talking when Qais said to Fahad, "Bhai, let's go watch a movie." Baseer chimed in, "Haan bhai, I'm also free today. I'll come too." Finally, Fahad agreed, suggesting, "Okay let's go in the theater room." However, Qais insisted, "No not in the house let's go out." Surprisingly, Fahad Abbasi agreed, and I was shocked to see him agreeing to everything his friend said.

"Safiya you also Come with us," Qais said, but I hesitated. Fahad intervened, saying, "No need. What will she do? It's a boys' night out." Once again, he managed to upset me. "We're just going to watch a movie, not on a mission. She will also watch the movie," Qais said, taking my side. I smiled when Baseer added, "Bhai, even Shizuka is with three boys—Nobita, Gian, Suneo—in Doraemon. It depicts us." We all laughed, and I added, "And Dekisugi too." Baseer joked, "That could be Ayyan; he's intelligent and a doctor too." Fahad then remarked, "But she ends up with Nobita." I looked at him, wondering if he was indirectly saying he likes me. I blushed, unsure if I was just overthinking

"Okay then, I'll go and get ready," I said to them, quickly deciding to step out from there, fearing they might see how red my face felt.

I chose an Anarkali dress, something I rarely wear. After quickly getting ready, I sprayed on my Chanel No. 5 perfume, this scent would make me addicted to perfumes. As always, I wore my Tiffany necklace and tied my hair in a low, messy updo, slipping into my heels.

I entered the living room to find the three boys all ready and waiting. Qais said, "You look so pretty," and I blushed at his compliment. Fahad interjected, "Let's go; we need to come back too," once again showing his pragmatic side.

Baseer was driving the car, with Qais sitting next to him and Fahad and me in the back seat. Fahad insisted that Qais should see the front, considering he had come back after a long time in India.

As we drove, I looked out of the window, a song playing in the background, "Bichdde Na Par kabhi Aye Khuda Aye Khuda Jab Bana Uska Hi Bana Aye Khuda Aye Khuda Jab Bana Uska Hi Bana."

I was looking out of the car window when I turned to the other side and saw Fahad looking at me. Nervously, I asked, "What happened?" He continued looking and said huskily, "Nothing," with a soft smile on his face. I quickly turned back to the window.