Chapter 18

Safiya's Pov:

"I can't get you all that stuff, But I can give you all my love Free love Free love"

Days passed by, March arrived, and I was back at work after the Valentine's party and wearing that Tiffany's necklace daily, cause Fahad told me not to remove it, and back to my usual secretary duties. It was night after praying my Isha prayer, I came down to have dinner and saw Phuppo in the kitchen, giving instructions to the Khansama about tomorrow's menu.

"What are you doing, Phuppo?" I asked her, as I took my food to microwave it. She replied, "Tomorrow, your Phuppa, me, and your Ammi are going to Mumbai."

"Really? How come you planned this?" I asked excitedly, taking my food from the microwave. We sat at the dining table, and I noticed Fahad was also in the living room, working on his laptop.

"You know Your mother looks very depressed after your father died, and staying at home can be very bad for her. I was thinking she will also feel good, and was thinking to take you with me too, but I remembered you have work," she explained as I ate.

"Arey nhi, it's okay Phuppo. I already went there. It was fun; Mumbai is a nice place," I said.

"Right, you tell me, what are the things you did there?" Shazma Phuppo asked me.

"We...," I began, looking at Fahad, who was also looking at me without blinking. Then, hesitantly, I looked back at Phuppo and said, "We did nothing but attending business parties, and Fahad toh poore waqt voh meeting attend kar rhe the," I teased, as he came towards us, looking at me.

I continued, "Inko vomiting toh bilkul nhi hui thi, bas meetings attend kar the." He interrupted, saying, "Haan mummy Aur koi paani me Bhi nhi doob rha tha Safiya toh dhoop sekh rhi thi," leaving me shocked.

I quickly said, "Phuppo, don't listen to him. Have you done your packing?"

"Yeah I have and we will go early morning," Shazma Phuppo said with a smile.

"Phuppo, you know Fahad was the one who was so excited about Mumbai. He was even taking care of kid who was sick, exploring every corner, even going on the roller coaster rides," I said, trying to turn the attention away from his playful jabs.

Phuppo chuckled, "Really? Fahad, I didn't know you are good at taking care of sick people, kabhi hamare sath kara hota toh pata hota."

Fahad smirked, "Well, Safiya, I must admit, Mumbai hai hi sapno ka sheher. The food, the culture, the vibrant atmosphere— aur rush toh waha bilkul nhi hota waha ka narial pani toh uff kya pani piya aisa poori Delhi me nhi milega, it's hard not to be excited."

I rolled my eyes, knowing he was just teasing me. "Oh please, Mr. Fahad Abbasi, don't act all innocent. I know you were more interested in the business opportunities than the sights and sounds of Mumbai."

Fahad chuckled, "Achw per mujhe laga waha per kuch alag tha, Sach me ek alag hi vibe thi vada paw, sand castle, nariyal pani, daliya aur Bhi bahot kuch?"

Phuppo laughed at us, clearly enjoying the moment. "Well, it sounds like you both had quite an adventure. Safiya, you should join us next time."

I smiled, grateful for the distraction from my thoughts. "I would love to, Phuppo. Maybe next time." With dinner finished and the evening winding down, we all retreated to our rooms.

It was the day they left, so in the house, it was just me and my cousins, Fahad and Baseer.

We came back from work early that day, and I was thinking of cooking dinner when I saw Baseer. "Are you going somewhere?" I asked him.