Chapter 16

Safiya's pov:

"Koi naseehat, na chaahun main koi salaah, Jo rooh ne mere tujhe chun liya"

The garden was my sanctuary, a place where time seemed to stand still. I found solace among the greenery, away from the chaos of my thoughts. Fahad's  Shesham tree, with its sprawling branches, was my favourite spot. I often sat beneath it, lost in my own world.

But today, my peaceful reverie was interrupted by the servant's voice. "Safiya Bibi! Shall I take these plants inside?" His words broke through my thoughts, and I looked around in confusion. Everything seemed to have vanished, leaving only me and the plants before me.

I nodded absentmindedly. "Yes, take them inside," I replied, my mind still elsewhere. As the servant began to carry the plants away, I found myself drawn to them. Ever since Phuppo had mentioned Fahad's love for plants, I had developed a newfound interest in them.

"Safiya bibi! Here are some candle sellers who came, you can see them," the servant said, interrupting my thoughts once more. He placed the plants on my balcony, which I had lovingly tended with Phuppo.

"It's Valentine's Day, and here I am, single and alone, surrounded by plants," I mused to myself, a wry smile tugging at my lips. I made my way to the kitchen, where Phuppo was busy giving instructions to the cook.

"Is someone coming over?" I asked her, curiosity piqued. She smiled knowingly and replied, "Fahad's friend from Chicago might be coming. He's scheduled to arrive on the 2 o'clock flight tomorrow night."

"He was saying that fahad should not even send the driver, he will come himself, but I forcefully told him that he should come with the driver," Phuppo continued, her voice filled with excitement.

As she gave instructions to the Khansaman, Phuppo also kept up a conversation with me. "Safiya bibi, the candle seller is waiting," the servant interrupted once more. I couldn't understand what was happening. Today was a Basant Panchami and I don't have to go to the office also.

"Ji bhaiya, aarhe hai hum," I said, following him to the candle seller.

I perused the candles and finally selected a few with a pleasant fragrance. After keeping them in my room, I glanced at my phone and saw a text from Khushi, "Safiya, come out, we're going shopping. I'm coming to pick you up."

I smiled at the message and quickly got ready. Maybe this Valentine's Day wouldn't be so lonely after all Khushi will be with me.

As Khushi told me she came and picked me up, and we headed to Dior. She bought a bag for herself, and I teasingly remarked, "Did you really need to do this shopping?" Khushi, looking at her new bag, replied, "Today my wish came true. Finally having my Dior product."

I was happy for her; it's nice to see dreams fulfilled. Despite both of us having iPhones, we're still broke. We may not be rich, but our dreams certainly are.

"Khushi, I'm tired now. Let's grab a coffee," I suggested. But she was in the mood for more shopping. "Now that we're here, let's go to Gucci. We won't buy anything, just window shop. Besides, all my savings are gone," she said, laughing. And so, we headed to Gucci.

"Seriously, how do people buy these things?" I asked Khushi, marveling at the prices. She glanced at the clothes and replied, "They must really, really want them."