Everybody Have Fun Tonight

"I think Sensei was jealous!"

"Really?" Sam asked

"Yeah, he did not like that guy talking to Y/n. And she was definitely flirting with him, right in front of Sensei." Miguel continued.

"Wow, and he hasn't said anything about what they talked about in the boat?"

"No, and he hasn't admitted it to me yet, but I can tell he likes her. When he looks at her, he has the same look on his face as when he showed me a picture of his ex from highschool."

"I guess thats something."

"It is, he said she was really great. I don't know why he hasn't asked her out yet, he's always saying strike first."

"Probably because my dad hates him, remember?"

"Oh yeah. I didn't think he'd listen to your dad."

There was a knock at Sam's door.

"I gotta go, I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later."

Sam closed her laptop and looked up.

"Hey honey." Amanda greeted

"Hi mom."

"So." Amanda took a seat on Sam's bed.

"I was just talking to Aisha's mom. We were talking about the Halloween dance."

Sam looked down guiltily.

"What those girls did...that was cruel. It ruined her whole night."

"Mom, I wasn't the one who posted it."

"But you didn't stop them, and it was your friends posting that, making fun of her. I need to take your phone."

"What? Mom!"

"No ifs ands or buts. Sorry."

————————

Later, at Cobra Kai.

"C'mon Miguel, you gotta hit harder than that. You're gonna let your opponent pummel you."

"I'm trying Sensei."

"Its not enough."

"Sensei..."

"Quiet!"

Miguel kept hitting the punching bag that Johnny was holding.

"Good! Again! You need to strike first! Stop waiting!"

Miguel stopped in his tracks.
"For someone who says strike first, you sure don't practice that in your real life."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, Sensei." Miguel mumbled and rolled his eyes.

Johnny stopped holding the punching bag, and walked towards Miguel.

"This dojo doesn't accept mumbling and pussy-talk. Say it like a man."

"No offence Sensei, but you aren't striking first. Sam and I set you up with Y/n on the boat and it seems like you like her, and you get along. But you haven't asked her out. I don't get why."

Johnny took a breath.

"Miguel, I wish I could tell you that its all simple, but this one isn't."

"Why, because she's younger than you? Sam is a few months younger than me, so I can totally relate."

"No, Miguel, its not just that."

"Is it the training? Or because Mr. Larusso doesn't want you dating her?"