Call Me!

"Johnny?"

"Hey. What're you doing here?"

"I was picking up Sam, and she told me she'd be in this boat...I'm not trespassing, am I?"

"If you are, then so am I. I came with Miguel, then the kid runs off to one of these boats and now I can't find him." He looked around the cabin, taking in all of the decorations.

As Johnny was looking around, I wanted to say something, but before I could, the cabin door shut quickly and locked from the outside.

Johnny and I rushed to the door, failing to open it.

"What the hell?"

"Is it locked from the outside?"

"This is some sick joke."

"I'm gonna call Sam." I turned to face the table , taking out my phone and I stopped, noticing something that I didn't care to check out before.

Between the glasses was an envelope, but it was marked Y/n and Johnny on it.

Picking it up and opening it, I took out the note.

Y/n & Johnny,

You two have been hesitating too much in getting together, so we struck first for you. Enjoy the food (don't worry we didn't make it), the ambience and each other's company.

- M & S

"Uh, Johnny..." Y/n started to chuckle at the absurdity of this. These kids pulled a parent trap on them.
Sam had mentioned that Y/n could use some alone time with Johnny but she did not expect Sam to take the reins like this and make it happen.

"Seems like this wasn't a coincidence." Y/n held the letter and showed Johnny. Johnny looked almost embarrassed for a moment, which was unlike what Y/n knew of him.

"The kid's got more game than I thought." He chuckled.

"Yeah. Well, they did leave us some food." I lifted one of the silver platters. It revealed a burger and fries. The wrapping around it was from the diner across the Golf n Stuff, the very diner Johnny and I went to together.

"Burgers. Nice touch." he said

"Definitely."

A bluetooth speaker turned on and started playing Careless Whisper.

"Oh God."

"How did that happen?" Johnny started to look around and go closer to the speaker

"I think its bluetooth, so they must be nearby."

"I don't see a 'tooth' on this speaker." he inspected it.

I laughed, finding a beauty in his air-headedness.

"What?" he asked

I looked at him with adoration, "Nothing." I smiled.

I took a seat at the table. Trying to get out was proving to be harder than I would've given Sam and Miguel credit for.
I took a fry, savouring its salty flavour.

"You're giving up?" He asked

"If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em." I said, taking another bite of a fry.

He looked around at his options.

"Can't argue with that." he sat opposite me, and picked up his burger.

I swayed in my seat to the song.

"You like George Michael?"

"Of course! Wham! was a part of my childhood, especially at Christmas. Also he was totally my first crush as a kid." I smiled.