Stupid

a/n: this chapter is supposed in the previous one but separate them and make it this scene in new chapter. The storyline is still the same. It just after reading it again...the adult me don't feel satisfied with my own old writing lol. 

_ _ _

Chaeyoung tries to avoid any eye contact with people when she walks into the ballroom. This is her first time after so many years coming to the social event for the upper class, she looks for her uncle...but he's not there yet.

She tries to ignore when other rich kids look at her weirdly while mumbling something. She knows they probably wonder how she still has face to come to this kind of event.

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath. She just needs to wait for her other three friends. I should come late — that's what she said in her head upon noticed people keeps glancing at her.

Like usual, Chaeyoung decides to kill sometimes inside the ladies, she chooses the last cubicle and pulls out her earpod to listens to music. But the voice of two girls talking outside the cubicle attract her attention.

"I heard Jeon Jungkook and his friends will come tonight." — One of the girls said.

"He normally came with his friends...oh my god I can't wait! They're handsome and rich! Just imagine how many women here waiting just to see him! — The other girl squealed.

Jeon Jungkook? ― the name sounds familiar in Chaeyoung's ears. Is it the name of Jeon's son?

"Duhh...of course! He is from Jeon's family after all. Who's in their right mind doesn't want to be involved with him?" The two girls continue talking while being oblivious there's someone inside the cubicle hearing every word they're saying.

Chaeyoung's hand shaking upon knowing the guy who managed to conquer all of his parents' business will be in the same building as her.

Suddenly she feels like throwing up thinking how shameless her uncle is forcing her to come here, being in the same space with the guy who can't wait to get everything under her parents' name. Did her uncles plot to get more from her and sell it to the Jeon again? Or is it her uncle trying to publicly shame her in front of Jeon? All people in the business world know Jeon Corp already overtake Park's business, so is that why people were looking at her weirdly upon seeing her steps into the ballroom?

Suddenly she felt sick. She never cares who is Jeon, he can take everything from her uncle, but knowing tonight she will see him and probably put herself on shame makes her feels sick. She should leave, her thoughts paused as she received a text from Lisa saying they were already inside the ballroom. Fine, she will meet them and leave.

Kim Namjoon nods at everything that the older man in front of him talking. Truthfully, he and his friends hate attending this kind of event. It might be good for business networking, but he hates talking about business after office hours. He sees how Jungkook beside him trying to act interested and all. Taehyung and Jimin like always already have women surrounding them, Seokjin with his rich ahjumma fans, Hoseok and Yoongi probably testing the liquor and foods.

Namjoon smiles looking around the ballroom, showing his dimples, then giving nods of acknowledgement to anyone that he knows around the room. But his eyes stopped as he saw someone he knew, Park Minhi... he was with his wife. Namjoon trying to calm the bad feeling that he got.

The older man walks to him after he realized Namjoon was there. "Long time no see young man...hahaha." They shake hands.

"It's hard to see you attend this kind of event, what brings you here?" Namjoon asks politely.