Chapter 10: The Investigation

Detective Daniels POV

Back in the police station the men are hard at work. They have gotten 3 bodies in the span of 1 1/2 weeks. "We got a new one boss. This one was found at a hotel". I looked over to see one of the new guys we hired. "Damn it" I whispered. I sat with my head in my hands. "Do we know if it's the same dude"? The new guy gave me a sad look. "It follows the same facial feature pattern sir". I let out a big sigh knowing this was going to be a long night.

"We could try and question the bar where the first two girls were. Or the pet store where the recent one was". I looked at him with a questioning look. "Let's go then". I grabbed my gun and badge as I went towards the police car. I climbed in and we went to the pet store. I wanted to question the manager about what time the latest victim was at work. I walked in the pet store and the clerk looked scared. I went up to him and asked him calmly "Are you ok sir"?

He gave a sigh and asked "Are you here for Anita"? I was shocked that he knew. "Yes, I am. I am here to help find the person responsible for this". He looked like he wanted to say more but the manager came out. " Hello Detective, what do I bring the pleasure of seeing you". I responded with a hint of sarcasm "I don't know that you would call this a pleasure but I'm here to ask you a few things. I wanted to ask about Anita if you have time to spare". The manager gave a hand gesture to follow him. I gave the clerk a look and he looked down. I knew that he was hiding something. I wanted to come back to it after this questioning with the manager. We went into the office as the manager closed the door. As he sat down his face changed from being bubbly to a mourning face. " I know your here for Anita. I have her schedule right her for you. I also have some footing of what she did after work. I hope you catch the son of a bitch that did this". I looked at the schedule hoping it would do something but it didn't do anything.

Wait. Maybe this does help. It might give me an idea of what times they get there victims. I looked around and realized that the manager had left. I shook my head and went around the desk. He had already had camera footage up for us to evaluate. I saw a guy in a hoodie came up to her car and do something. I can't tell what he did but later on, it caused her car to not work. I kept to myself as I watched him hit her and put her in his trunk. I kept on watching when I saw a key to taking this guy down. I saw his license plate as he drove away. I wrote it down on a seperate piece of paper. I wanted to look this up as soon as possible.

Who knows if he already has his next victim?