Chapter 9

FYI
Sidharth parents Malti and Abhishek had come all the way from Jaipur to discuss their wedding plan. As the date have got fixed the discussion was regarding the wedding arrangements, location, guest list, overall budget. As they are leaving the next day itself.

Disha

Sab mehmaan chale gaye. Ab meri koi kher nahi.
Mom is waiting for them to leave so that she can start with her etiquette sessions. You shouldn't do this you shouldn't do that. Blah blah blah

'Haye meh mar gayi suli pe chadh gayi,
Nah nah na kehna tha, lekin Haan kar gayi.'
I was dancing on this song after they left when maa barged in my room.

Maa woh...
'Jhali ladki kitne baar kaha hai muh mat chalaya kar zyada. Phir bhi teri tokne ki aadat gayi nahi.' She said slapping on my arm with a little force.

Ouch maa! It hurts.
'Zyada boli toh aur ek doongi.'

I quickly shut my mouth.

Woh sab chod is your plan fixed about the Jaipur trip. She asked holding my hands in hers.

Haan mummy. Usi chakar meh taiji tauji se mulakat ho jayegi aur personally shaadi ka card bhi de dungi.

Thik Hain ek kaam kar Siddharth ke parents ke saath chali Jaa.

Will that be okay.
I asked worriedly.

Tere ko akele bhejne ka risk meh nahi le sakti.

Itna bhi bharosa nahi hai.
Bilkul nahi.

The banter between mother- daughter continued till late night.
-------------------------------------------

Siddharth after returning has locked himself in his room.
Siddharth's mother malti was quite worried for him. She wasn't happy with the marriage alliance as the girl whom her son selected was not what she expected her to be. She agreed when she found how she cared and adored her son. It was like he was the idol whom she wanted to worship.

Seeing Siddharth so happy and relaxed after 8 years brought peace in her heart. His mother thought she made the right choice for her son.

A hope that Disha can bring back her old siddu whom she missed dearly. The one who was like a open book, never hid anything  from her. Even though she had 3 kids. Her most pampered child was siddu for whose happiness she could do anything.

Returning back from the  Verma's he directly went to his room and had not come out since then.

This brought a sudden unease in malti's heart as if something was going to happen. The next day they left for their hometown leaving her 2 kids behind due to their busy schedule. They were Netra and Siddharth.
Kumar along with his parents, wife Bhavna and Disha took a train to Jaipur. The train journey brought them closer. Disha with her bubbly personality won everyone's heart. Kumar who usually don't talk much with outsiders was cracking jokes with her. They left her to her relatives house where she was grandly welcomed by her taiji. Who pulled her along with her and bombard her with dozen of questions. How were they? Is your mother in law good? Did she taunt you or spoke ill about you? How is the family? In which company does the boy work? Your tauji has many contacts he will enquire about him. Till now how did you find him? Is he caring does he pay attention when you speak?
Girl tell me honestly is it a love marriage or arrange one.

'Taiji I will give answers to all your question but before that I want to take a good bath.' I walked to Aradhana's room where my luggage was already placed.

Aradhana is the eldest daughter of my taiji who is 3 yrs younger than me. Then Swati and rishabh who are twins by birth. They always fight like Tom and Jerry beating each other is a new normal for them. He pulling her cap she pulling his pants and the list go on.

Taiji told me she will bring my clothes in the bathroom itself. I was scrubbing my body when she knocked on the door to pass me my clothes. I took it from her and placed it on the hook attached behind the door she told me to not close the door and answer her  while showering which I did.

I told her how I met Siddharth eight years back. For me it was love at first sight. Then five years back we met again by luck. We quickly exchanged our numbers. We did our graduation together after which he left for doing masters in London. In the beginning he was not talking much but then somehow he started opening to me. It was painful to be in a long distance relationship. It felt we were drifting apart but now when he returned I am very happy taiji.

'Itni Khushi ki Aapko andaaza bhi nahi hoga.'

"Beta woh Teri awaaz meh sunai deh Raha hai aur hum bohot khush hai tere liye."

"Main tere liye khana lagati hoon. Jaldi aaja." Saying taiji left.

I was humming and coming out from bathroom when I got a call. I thought it might be Siddharth so I quickly accepted it without checking the caller id. It was dad he asked when I reached and how is everything over there. In detail I explained how I had fun time with Kumar Bhaiya and bhavna bhabhi. He was also happy knowing  that the journey was good.

"When will you return gudiya?" He asked sadly.

After 5 days dad.

"5 days isn't it too long. I miss you already."
My dad spoke in a sad tone.

"Whom are you talking with disha ke papa?" I heard mom's voice surely she came to remind him to take vitamin tablets.

Aapke tablets. I was right.

"Dad keep the phone on speaker let me talk to maa."

"Waah re waah mummy aa gayi toh papa ko bhul gayi gudiya."

"Aap bhi naa papa kuch bhi."

"Chaliye hatiye mujhe baat karne dijiye aapki gudiya se." She put the phone on speaker so dad could hear us.

I repeated everything which I had already shared with dad. He sat in patience hearing me again giving his comments in between and mom as always shut him up so I could continue without interruptions.

"Disha taiji ko zyada pareshan mat karna. Keep your thoughts to yourself. Unke bachhon ko kuch galat salat mat sikhana."

To which I hummed in response.

Words count 1056

A quick reminder Vote Karo guys

Next chapter kiske upar chahiye
1) Aarohi and Aditya
2) Daksh and Disha
3)Rudra and vaishali

Or a mix of all three.
Comments karne mein kaisi hich-kich. I don't get it.