Chapter5

The dinner plan was made to cheer veer up. Everyone reached the hotel on time. It was only Aarohi who was late. She went inside to find her family sitting in a corner table. As she was walking towards their table she noticed a man. His back was facing her.
God knows what he said that made her whole family to erupt in a boisterous laugh. Few heads turned in their direction.
Veer saw his sister coming. He immediately stood up from his seat followed by her dad and mom. The unknown man also stood up correcting his suit he turned his head in her direction.

What is he doing here? She frowned slightly seeing him.

Before she could say anything her father intervened.

'Aarohi come child sit beside aaditya. He was having a business dinner with a client and we coincidentally met at the entrance. So I invited him to join us.'

Hi Aarohi

Hi Aditya

They sat side by side as instructed by her father.

Her mother couldn't help but say how well matched they look together. Her father too agreed.

Veer called the waiter to take their order. It was Saturday night so they all ordered non veg.
Her mom, dad even veer took turns in convincing  Aditya to have dinner with us. To which Aditya refused politely.

'Itna bhav kya Dena. If he is not interested let him go.'
My mother glared at me as I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I focused on my meal after that.

'Aarohi tum bhi kuch bolo.' My father urged me.

'Wait for desserts.'
Isse zyada kya bolu main. I said in my mind. If I don't say anything (toh meri Mata ka kop chadega).

'It's ok Aarohi. Itna man maarke mat bolo.' Aditya replied with a sigh.

'No it's nothing like that. Please khaalo kuch.'
I hurriedly said fearing my mother's rudra roop.

To which dad snickers. He surely knows what I am thinking?

'Accha thik hai.' He said as if doing a favour on me.

I regretted joining them for dinner. Usse accha toh payal ke engagement meh hi kuch khaa leti.

Beta how was payal's engagement? Dad asked at the correct time.

'Bohot accha. We had lots of fun. School ke kitne dost mile. Two guys even asked me out.'
Suddenly Aditya started coughing my mother quickly passed him a glass of water and veer patted his back.

Are you okay?
Hmmm.

'Dad we will continue at home.'
Okay.

In dessert I had blueberry icecream. To which he commented it's also his favourite.

The dinner got over we were leaving for our house when he decided to drop me in his car.

I politely declined his offer but he kept on insisting. I don't know when my mother came to my side she pinched me on my arm.

I hissed slightly and looked at mom. To see her giving me an innocent look in return.
Ki Maine toh kuch Kiya hi nahi.

Yeh hint hai chup chaap jaao uske saath.

Kya hua? Aditya asked.
Kuch nahi.

'Now you are insisting so much then fine. You can drop me.'

His face was a sight to look at. Aur poochho aane ke liye.

Words count 534