Chapter 16-Nope we're just gonna wing it

The boys all grabbed their bikes and wheeled them over to an abandoned school bus that stood in the junkyard. They started pushing them so they were hidden underneath however Dustin's bike started getting stuck.

"Oh Jesus Christ" Rosie sighed before she moved Dustin out the way and gave the bike a hard shove to get it under before she followed the kids onto the bus.

Oliver who had waited at the door to the bus for her ran on after her as they made their way to the back of the bus "Everybody get down" he told them.

The kids and teens included ducked their heads down away from the dirt stained windows which for Rosie and Oliver was easier said than done when they were taller than the others.

"Mental" Dustin sighed as he leaned his head back against the bus wall.

Rosie was beginning to lose track of how long they had been sitting there as the helicopter hovered close above meaning if they tried to escape they'd be seen.

She was beside Oliver and had stolen a marker out of the front pocket Dustin's bag starting a game of tic-tac-toe between them.

The score was currently 4-1 with Oliver winning.

It was silent in the bus until the static of Mikes radio coming through from its position in his bag.

"You guys hear that?" Dustin asked before they all moved to get Mikes walkie holding it up for all the group to hear. And that's when they realised it was Nancy trying to speak to them.

"This is an emergency Mike. Do you copy? Oliver if you're there please pick up" Nancy kept repeating to them over the radio.

"Okay this is really weird" Dustin pointed out and Rosie nodded with him.

Lucas went to take the walkie out of Mikes hand with the intention to reply to the girl across the line but he was stopped by Mike grabbing it back "Don't answer"

"She said it was an emergency" Lucas reminded Mike.

"What if it's a trick?" Mike suggested.

"It's your sister! Cmon Oliver surely you agree with me here"

Before Oliver could respond to Lucas Mike jumped in "What if the bad people kidnapped her? What if they're forcing her to say this?" Mike added on to his previous statement.

"Like Lando Calrissian" Dustin realised and when he and Oliver made eye contact being arguably the biggest Star Wars nerds out of all of them they shared a look of panic.

"Holy shit don't answer" Oliver spoke panicking.

"Well done Dustin you freaked him out" Rosie scolded smacking the boys arm lightly.

What then came as a shock was when Hoppers voice came over the line "Listen kid, this is the chief. If you're there pick up. We know you're in trouble and we know about the girl" Rosie knew his voice and knew he was pissed off right about now.

"Why is she with the chief?" Lucas questioned seeing as Nancy and Hopper was probably not the most likely pairing.

"By the way I know you're there as well Rosie and just pick up the walkie. We can protect you and help you you just gotta answer"

The small group shared looks as the walkie went silent. Mike looked to Rosie who he trusted would help him make the right decision for the group. She lightly nodded his head signalling him to talk to the chief.

"I'm here" Mike said down the line before he looked around at the others "We're here"

~~~~~~~~~