Chapter 8- Its okay, I've got you

When they arrived at the Wheeler house the three boys were on their bikes in the driveway waiting for Rosie. "Finally!" Mike shouted when they pulled in.

"Thanks for the ride" she said to Oliver giving his arm a small squeeze "I'll see you tomorrow"

"No problem" he relied as they both exited the car Rosie running to get her bike as Oliver walked towards his front door. He watched as she got on and started to cycle with her boys waving goodbye to each other till she was out of sight.

They found El at the power lines staring off into space with a slightly worried look on her face. "Hey El, are you okay?" Rosie asked the young girl concerned.

She nodded in response before Mike patted the back of his bike seat "Hop on then. We only have a few hours"

She sat down behind him holding on to his bike and off the cycled into the woods for Operation Mirkwood.

~~~~~~~

They were walking wheeling their bikes with them through the woods, Mike and Eleven in front with Dustin, Lucas and Rosie walking behind. Rosie watched the two young kids in front of her as they talked before she turned to Lucas.

"What's going on with those two?" She asked him.

"I don't know, Mike's being all weird around her like he loves her or something" Lucas told her with a disgusted tone.

"Yeah like you and Oliver" Dustin added.

"What?!" Rosie turned to her little brother "We've been over this before, I don't like Oliver like that okay, we're just friends" she once again had to defend herself against the boys "Well whatever's going on between them it's sweet"

"It's disgusting if what it is" Lucas argued.

"You say that now Sinclair but sometime in the future when your crushing on some girl it won't be so disgusting then" after she finished Dustin began laughing making her turn to him with eyebrows "Same for you Dusty"

"Yeah Dusty" Lucas mocked getting a small smack on the arm from Rosie as they laughed continuing their journey.

The two other boys started laughing about something else but Rosie couldn't stop thinking about what they said about her and Oliver.

She knew they were just teasing but did it look like they wanted to be a couple? The only crush Rosie had really had was when she ended up falling hard for her best friend at the time Steve Harrington.

She had never gotten the nerve to tell him how she felt which resulted in him going with girl after girl while she stood by trying to remain his supportive best friend. However there had been points when she wanted to run from their friendship as it was so hard watching the boy she wanted look anywhere but at her.

So when Steve started hanging out with Carol and Tommy she took it as her opportunity to slip away from him with the excuse of not wanting to hang out with the other too.

Whenever Steve talked to her though there was always a small part that wanted to confess what she felt but she knew he was happy with Nancy. So she let him be happy.

~~~~~~~~~

It was dark by now as Eleven lead them down the dirt path. Their bikes headlights were the only thing lighting the way as they trailed down the path completely exhausted from walking so far.