Chapter 10 -You're a member of the party now

As Oliver went into the Wheelers garage to search for his bike, Rosie and the boys were having a serious conversation.

"I don't know guys, this is a big decision" Lucas said arms crossed.

"I say yes" Rosie stated.

"Well of course you do. I say no, it's weird" Mike argued.

"Dustin, what do you think?" Rosie asked her brother. As he went to answer his sister widened her eyes at him frowning slightly.

"Uhhhh"

"Dustin! Just decided" Mike told the curly haired boy.

"Fine I'm with Rosie" he answered making Rosie pump her fist in the air.

"Your 2–1 Wheeler, we win" Rosie joyfully announced but Mike was quick to stop her.

"Lucas has the last vote" he reminded her causing her to turn to said boy. "What do you say Lucas?"

Lucas knew if he sided with Mike it would be a 2-2 and without an extra member to have the deciding vote they would be arguing all day over it. That would take time away from finding Will and that was the last thing he wanted.

"I'm with Rosie" he told Mike who rolled his eyes clearly upset "It's Oliver he can be useful"

The whole argument the party members had been having was whether or not to allow Oliver to become an official party member. Rosie was a firm yes while Mike argued the opposite of her until the other two boys finally picked a side.

Just then the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs got them scrambling into their positions. When Oliver reached the bottom he was met with the sight of Rosie, Lucas and Mike stood behind Dustin who was holding up a D&D manual face up in his hand,serious expression on his usually cheery face.

"What's going on here?" He asked them kinda worried for their sanity.

"Oliver Wheeler, do you wish to become an official party member?" Dustin asked him. Oliver looked at Rosie uncertainly causing her to laugh a little as she nodded her head at him.

"Yes I do" Oliver told the curly haired boy.

Dustin then took his hand placing it on the book and told him all the party rules that had been made around 3 years ago but were still used to that day.

When Dustin finally finished he asked "Do you swear to uphold the rules of the party and help a party member in need no matter what?"

"I do"Oliver told the boy with a nod causing the others around him to smile while Mike still looked pretty annoyed about the whole idea.

"What's your D&D character?" Lucas asked from behind Dustin.

"Sorcerer" Oliver answered them. Even though he hadn't played in years he still remembered it. He never really wanted to stop playing just never found a reason to do it until now.

"Perfect, Sorcerer Oliver welcome to the party" Dustin congratulated the older boy before he put the book down on the desk. "Now let's go"

The younger boys ran up the stairs past Oliver leaving him in the basement with Rosie. "What just happened?"

"You're a member of the party now" she said "Well done" she gave him a small smile before she also ran up the stairs with the boys with Oliver quickly following after.

~~~~~~~

It was a short bike ride to the middle school with El looking at everything around her in awe seeing as she had spent all her life in a lab.