Deescalation

(Tina pov)
Waking up for the weekend is amazing. I get to sleep in so I have enough energy for the day.
I also get to help around the wreaking yard. Trust me when I say I love destroying stuff. Cars? Destroyed. TVs? Destroyed. Refrigerators? Destroyed. It is the best part of the weekend.
As I was getting ready I heard some screams outside my room. My dad must be chasing out some robbers. I try to figure out who they are by their scent. There are 3 of them. The first two I recognize. It's the big headed cat and his goldfish. But the third one smells like...oh shit. I run out of my room and try to stop dad from killing Yoshi.

(Yoshi's pov)
Why? I thought this was supposed to be an easy errand. Now we are running from a T. rex armed with guns. I didn't expect that this was how I would spend my weekend. Me and my cousins try to hide behind walls of metal to avoid getting shot at. We kept on running until we reach a dead end. We turn around to see Mr. Rex cocking his shotgun as he grins.
"This 'ill teach you to not mess where you should be. I hope you learn your lesson...on the other side."
He aims his gun and prepares to fire. But before he could the gun is knocked away from our direction and fired above us.
"Dad Stop!"
I recognize that voice. I look up to see Tina arguing with her dad.

(Tina's pov)
Dad is getting pissed at me.
"What the hell do you think your doing Tina? You could have killed one of us."
I glare back at him.
"Well you were about to kill these 3."
"So? They were trespassing. I was just doing my job."
"They probably had a good reason to come here."
"Why are you protecting these 3 anyway. Besides I recognize 2 of them. There the kids of the guy that stole my mayo."
"Why are you still mad about that?"
"I bought that mayo fair and square with my coupons. He had no right to steal it."
"You literally bought everything in the store with those coupons. He needed the mayo."

(Yoshi's pov)
As I watch those to argue I realize it will only get worse and we'll never get the car. So I gather all of my courage and walk up to the bickering dinosaurs to deescalate the situation.
"Excuse me. Mr. Rex sir?"
He looked at me with a glare.
"What do you want?"
"I'm sorry for me and my cousins intruding. We were just here to pick up their mom's car. It got towed here yesterday and the gate was locked so we couldn't get in."
"Well...you should have come later when the gates for the wreaking yard were open."

That's why the gate was locked?!

"Wait...you guys weren't open yet?"
"Yeah."
"I'm sorry...we'll come back when it is open."
"Hey no need. You can come get your car now. By the way what's your name kid?"
"Yoshi"
He raised his eyebrow.
"Yoshi...Senicourt?"
I was surprised he knew that.
"Why yes actually. Did Tina tell you about me?"
"Oh does she ever. That's all she would talk about this whole week. It's all Yoshi this and Yoshi that."
I laugh at him making fun of his daughter. Meanwhile Tina is right beside him getting flustered.
"Dad! Stop joking around with my soon-to-be boyfriend."
"Ok ok. Anyways. You still want your car back?
I nod politely.
"Yes sir"
"Alright let me get some things set first. Then you're all set."
He walks off, leaving only me, Tina, and my 2 cousins. Tina looks at me while blushing.
"Wow. I didn't think you would be able to fix that."
"Oh uh...don't mentioned it. I was only trying to deescalate the situation. Anyways how have you been?"
"Oh nothing much. I was thinking about you... I'm glad you came over...even if it was to get Nicole's car."
"Yeah...anyways you doing anything later?"
Tina perked up when I asked that.
"Why you ask?
I blush as begin to ask her a question.
" I was wondering if you...wanted to go somewhere with me today. Would that be alright?"
She started to grin.
"Are you...asking me out on a date?"
"................yes"
Tina was super excited to her that.
"Yes I would love to go on a date with you. I just have to ask my dad first."
Meanwhile Gumball is appalled by this.
"Yoshi my co. You said you wanted to veg out with us when we got home."
"Well...plans changed."
Gumball tries to say something but is stopped by Darwin.
"Let him have this."
Gumball sighs
"Alright. But you better not hurt him, Tina."
Tina laughs
"Ok. I promise to not let any harm fall beyond Yoshi."
"Good."
Mr. Rex comes out.
"Alright everything is all set for you to go. Tina. Can you help carry the car back to their place."
Tina smiles and nods.
"Sure dad. But can I ask you something?"
"Sure sweetie. what is it?"
Tina takes a deep breath before asking.
"After I drop the car off...can I spend some time with Yoshi for the day."
Mr. Rex knew what Tina was implying. He nodded his head.
"Of course. Yoshi seems like a responsible guy. You 2 have fun out there now."
Tina got excited at her dads approval. She was so excited that she picked me up and hugged me tightly.

*time skip*

A while later we are walking home together. Tina is carrying the car on her shoulders, trying her best not to break it. She turns to me to ask a question.
"So Yoshi. What do want to do on our date?"
I start thinking
"I was thinking we would start with eating at joyful burger. After that we would see a movie. Then we would pray some games at the arcade And I think that we could end it by getting some ice cream. Does that sound fun?"
Tina's eyes light up as she smiled.
"Yes. That sounds perfect."
Good because I had enough money. When my dad was part of the yakuza he was paid heavily for his job. Meaning my allowance was stacked. I could pay for both of us.
We get home to see my mom, dad and aunt outside the front yard. Aunt Nicole is helping dad train for his fight against Joao. Mom seems to enjoy watching the 2 like this. Nicole looks and sees Tina placing the car on the road.
"Here you go mrs. Watterson."
"Oh uh...thank you."
Gumball and Darwin head inside to continue their vegging while I head inside to grab my wallet. I run back out and tell my parents where I'm heading out.
"Oh good. Just be back before dark ok?" Said my mom.
"Ok mom."
"Make me proud son." Said my dad.
"I will"
"Be careful." Said my aunt
"I'll be fine"
After all is said and done. Me and Tina leave to go out on our date.