CHAPTER2️⃣3️⃣

~Author's P.O.V~

The news of Minji having a son, made Taehyung and his wife a bit confused. The four of them just stood there and looked at each other's faces. And the situation turned out to be very awkward.

"Congratulations, Minji. You just gave us quite a surprise," jennie broke the awkward silence and went to Hanni. She gave Hanni a hug and said, "You must be Mj's mom! Now come with us."

With that said she took Hanni with her and Minji followed them. Taehyung decided to grab the kid and squeeze its cheeks. All of them went to the yard where the eldest couple were busy preparing the food.

"You guys are finally here! We came very early so, we were just waiting for you. Now where's the little man?" the president asked standing up from her chair. Taehyung then came forward holding Mj in his hands as if the kid were a pet dog or something.

"Hyung, put my kid down! Why are you holding him like that!" Minji whined. Taehyung just chuckled and said, "I think he likes it. Don't worry." Now everyone was laughing at the situation except one person.

Minji's father was standing beside the barbecue grill and kept staring at Mj. He couldn't process as to what was happening and who the two new guests were. "Anyone care to explain!" He asked earning their attention.

"Um, dad! He's my son, Mj," Minji answered while taking the kid near the old man. "My biological son! In case you're wondering! And that's his mother, Hanni," she added pointing at Hanni.

Hanni was now quite nervous. She didn't know how Minji's father would react. So, she kept staring at the ground biting her lips.

"If that's the case, then come on now little man! Give your grandpa a hug," he said kneeling down and extending his arms towards Mj. Everyone was relieved seeing his reaction. They left a sigh of relief. "But don't forget that you owe me an explanation, Min!" He said looking at Minji and then started playing with Mj.

Hanni and Minji freshened up and came out in the yard. They saw Mj running around with Taehyung's dog, Yeontan and other's were having fun looking at the kid. A kids presence made the environment much more bright and cheerful.

Now, after about two hours, the food was ready. Hanni and jennie was setting Up the table and the old couple was taking a rest. The other three were doing God knows what.

~HANNI's P.O.V~

Now that I looked at her, she seemed quite different with her family. Not like her usual grumpy self at the office. She was fooling around with Taehyung while my kid was loitering around the lake.

"Mj, come here now. The food is ready," I shouted from the yard. But she was busy in his own world. I went to collect him but he kept running. "Mommy catch me if you can!" He exclaimed. Even the two handsome Minji And tea were also laughing at me instead of helping.

I was about to catch Mj when I slipped and fell on the water. Great! The water wasn't that much deep so I tried to get up but my foot was stuck onto something. I looked at the two with pleading eyes, but they kept laughing.

"Just help the poor girl, Min!" Her mom yelled from the yard. Now she grew some conscience and came to help me

She got down on the water and bent down in front of me to pull out my leg. I wrapped one of my arms around her neck. My white shirt was now see through and my red bra could be seen clearly. As she was dangerously close to me, I got embarrassed and my cheeks were burning red.

"Don't be so shy, Hanni! It's not something I haven't already seen," she whispered in my ear with a smirk. With that said, she pulled me out of the water and lend me her jacket. Without wasting a second, I ran inside the house. I could bet, everyone was now laughing at my embarrassment.

After the lunch, we all spent a quality time together. I heard some of their funny stories and also told them a little bit about myself. I never imagined Minji's family would be this much adorable. And the entire time, Mj was hugging Taehyung's dog tightly. I was afraid, he wouldn't let the poor dog go anytime soon.

I was taking a stroll into the woods, when I heard footsteps. I looked behind only to find Minji running towards me. My heart started beating faster. Well, it was not new to me at all. She always made my heart skip a beat.

"You shouldn't be alone here at this hour. It'll be dark soon. Let me give you company," she offered. "Yeah, nice excuse dumbass," I mumbled under my breath. "What did you just say!" She asked, but I just shrugged my shoulder.

We were walking side by side when suddenly I tripped onto something. Before I could fall, she grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards her. Now, her face was very close to mine. I looked at her eyes and then my stare drifted to her lips. I didn't know what came over me, I just grabbed her shirt's collar and kissed her.

She didn't waste a second and melted into the kiss, as if she was anticipating this moment for a long time. She tightened her grip around my waist which made my heart almost jump out of my chest. I was lost in the kiss when a noise from somewhere brought me back to reality.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...," I tried to explain while pulling away from her. But she pulled me back again in her embrace and whispered in my ear, "I think I'm falling for you, Hanni. Can't you just stop running away from me. This kiss is the proof that you have the same feelings. Then why are you holding yourself back?"

She confessed!! But I was freaking out internally. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't sure about my feelings.

I pulled back and looked into her eyes. They were sparkling with hope and affection. I couldn't manage to say a word and ran away as fast as I could.

~~~

We had to get back to Seoul, so all of us packed our stuff and got ready to bid farewell. But the event took a quite amusing turn, due to Taehyung and Mj bickering.

"I won't give him back! I'm taking him with me!" Mj screamed while holding the dog with all his might.

"That's not happening while I'm alive. Yeontan is literally my son! Give him back, you little punk!" Taehyung yelled back.

If Minji didn't hold her angry cousin back, there would've been a massacre. And after a lot of trouble, we managed to take Yeontan away from Mj. Though through the whole ride to Seoul, Mj didn't stop crying, even for a second.

~~~~~~~~