CHAPTER1️⃣4️⃣

~HANNI's P.O.V~

Getting out of the car, we walked into the hall. The flashes of the cameras made me uncomfortable. It was all new for me. I had never been in the limelight like this before.

The lights were blinding me and I couldn't walk properly. I was afraid that I might fall anytime soon and embarrass myself in front of everyone. Just at that time, I felt an arm holding my waist and guide me to the front. The sudden contact made my cheeks turn red.

"Ms. Kim, good evening! I'm glad that you could make it," greeted Mr Park Namjoon.

They both shook hands. I was standing right behind when Mr park looked at me and extended his hand.

"Miss Pham! I really appreciate it that you came. Please enjoy the party and let me know if you need anything," he said and left to greet his other guests.

The party had already started. All the guests were present there. Ms. Kim greeted some other businessmen and I just tagged along with her, not knowing what to do.

A sweet music started playing and Mr park requested everyone to dance. I was just standing still and watching others when Minji came in front of me.

"May I!" She said extending her hand towards me.

But being the idiot that I was, I just kept on staring at her hand. Debating internally if I should follow or not. Then, all of a sudden she grabbed my hand and took me to the center, where everyone was dancing.

She intertwined her one hand with mine and placed another on my waist, giving me shivers. I followed her lead and placed my another hand on her shoulder.

I was so intimidated by her that I couldn't look up at her face. But I could feel her stare at me. She didn't look away even for a second.

"Where's his father?" She asked all of a sudden, making me halt on my steps.

I turned my head up and looked at her eyes. "What are you talking about, Ma'am?"

"You know exactly what i'm talking about. Your son, where's his father?" She asked putting emphasis on the last part.

"Don't you think it's a rather personal question, Ma'am? It's very unprofessional of you to ask me these inappropriate things," I replied looking straight at her eyes.

I was thinking of running away when I felt her grip tighten on my waist. All of a sudden she pulled me close to her and our bodies touched. I could feel her breath on my face.

"Stop playing around, Hanni! I am not stupid! Don't try to fool me! Now, give me an honest answer," she demanded, holding me tightly in her arms.

"Does it matter? You didn't care when you left me there all alone!!!! Why do you care now!!" I scoffed.

"I can explain!!!" She pleaded softening her grip on me.

"Save your explanation for your arrogant ass! I don't want it!!!"

I didn't know from where all this courage came from but I said those words right at her face. I saw hurt in her eyes, but did I care? No, I didn't. I released myself from her hold and walked away.

from his sight.

'I need a drink'

~MINJI's P.O.V~

For the first time in my life, I felt so guilty. More than that I felt six years ago, when I couldn't find her. Now that I wanted to explain, she wouldn't listen to me.

'Everyone deserves a second chance.' So why didn't I get one! Mj was my son too. Yes, I wasn't there for them all these years, but now that I knew, I wanted to take my responsibility! I wanted my son to be in my life and maybe, for some unknown reason, I wanted her too!

~~~

I spent few hours wandering around, having professional conversations, new business proposals, few drinks and some other matters, to get my mind off of certain things.

It was getting late, so I started looking for Hanni. But she was nowhere to be found. Then after a few minutes, I finally found her on the bar. She was drinking her heart out.

"Gi-gimme another glass." She Stammered.

"Ma'am, you're already very drunk. I'm afraid I can't give you anymore," said the bartender.

"Are you kidding me right now! Why did you drink so much if you can't handle it!" I exclaimed while trying to get her out of there.

"It's all be-because of you! You ass hole! But a cwutee ass hole!" She said pinching my cheeks with both her hands.

A few of the guests noticed us and I felt embarrassed as hell. Before she could put on any more show, I dragged her out and went into my car.

~~~

Now I was standing in front of her doorstep, with her in my arms. I didn't know her pass code. I tried asking her a few times but to no avail. She was sleeping peacefully, snuggling in my chest.

I didn't know what came over me, I took her back into the car and told the driver to drive to my apartment.

I was about to lay her on the bed, when I realized, instead of going to the guest room I came into my bedroom.

However, I put her on my bed and tried to pull out from her but a few strands of her hair got stuck on my shirt's button.

Now I was sitting beside her trying to untangle her hair from my shirt and she was leaning on me. All of a sudden, she grabbed my shirt's collar and started mumbling. I couldn't figure out what she was trying to say.

Her face was dangerously close to mine. As soon as my eyes fell on her cherry lips, all of my rational thinking flew out of the window. I grabbed her waist tightly and smashed my lips on hers.

~~~~~~~