CHAPTER1️⃣9️⃣

~Author's P.O.V~

The whole night Hanni kept thinking about her decision. Should she give Minji a chance to explain or keep things, the way it already was! She didn't have any right to keep Mj away from Minji. But again, why was the report negative? What could've gone wrong!

The next day, Hanni finally made her decision and made her way to the CEO's office. She knocked the door softly and hearing her voice, she went inside.

She didn't know how to start the conversation. She was nervous. But she somehow managed to speak. "Im here to listen your part of the story."

Minji was already surprised seeing her and her words made her shook. She immediately stood up from her chair and led her to the couch.

Clearing her throat, she spoke, "That night in Japan, we both drunk. And I know I made a mistake...!"

She wasn't finished yet, but Hanni cut her off. "I don't blame you for the night. I was equally at fault. But I blame you for what you did the next morning."

"About that! I woke up to hear the news of my father's accident. I couldn't think straight, Hanni. I just ran. I went back to find you, but you weren't there," she explained with sincerity in her eyes.

"Do you want me to believe that?" Hanni asked

Yes, she believed her. Her eyes couldn't lie. But she felt the sudden desire to tease her a bit. Confusion looked better on her face, she looked cute!! And her anger? It scared the hell out of everyone.

Minji got a little bit alarmed at her question, but tried to explain further. "I can't force you to believe me, Hanni. But I can apologize. And about the night of the function, I don't have any excuses to give." Saying this she looked at the floor and closed her eyes. Then she continued, "It was completely my fault. What I did, was wrong. As an excuse, all I can say is, I couldn't resist the temptation."

"I forgive you. You can meet Mj if you want. He's on the second floor," Hanni replied all of a sudden.

Minji bolted up her head and widened her eyes. She didn't imagine, she would forgive her this easily. And on top of that, let her meet Mj. Her eyes were glistening with happiness.

"I forgive your first mistake, not the second one. So, don't be so happy!" Hanni said crossing her arms.

"If you don't want to forgive the second one, then what are you planning to do? Will you go to the police and file a case!" Minji asked raising her eyebrows.

"You very well know that I can't do that. I don't have any proof and people will think I'm the one trying to seduce you," Hanni spoke in a mocking tone.

Minji chuckled a little bit and said, "Now that you say it, I realized, I can do anything to you, but you can't file a complaint!" There was a visible smirk on her face.

Hanni didn't expect this bear remark. She was quite surprised seeing her mood change, in the blink of an eye.

"A few moments ago you were scared like a little child and now you're smirking like a devil. Are you sure that you don't have a personality disorder, Ms.Kim?" Hanni asked.

Hanni stood up and was about to leave, when she turned back and said, "How did you do the paternity test? I mean how did you get Mj's sample?"

Minji also stood up and stopped in front of her. "I had your sister, WY, collect Mj's sample. Um, I'm sorry about that," Minji said looking at the floor.

"Do the test again, and this time do this yourself. Don't send another person, specifically WY," Hanni spoke in a calm voice.

Now, Minji was confused. She didn't understand what she was referring to. "What do you mean?" Minji asked looking straight at her eyes.

"Mj is your son, Minji. WY must've given you the wrong sample. Do the test again and you'll know," Hanni explained.

"Fuck the test. I don't care about it anymore.Your words are enough," Minji said and then grabbing her waist smashed her lips onto hers.

~HANNI's P.O.V~

We were standing in front of each other and then suddenly she pulled me towards her and kissed me passionately. The touch of her lips, sent shivers down my spine. It felt like I'd lose my mind any moment.

But before she could deepen the kiss, I pulled away. I came to her because Mj needed to know that Minji is her parent lets call like daddy Minji. I trusted her with Mj. But I couldn't trust her with myself.

"I am letting you meet Mj because he's your son. But, that doesn't mean I agreed to this," I said backing off.

At my sudden outburst, she looked quite embarrassed. "I'm-I'm sorry. I keep crossing my limits. I'm sorry again," she kept repeating.

Without wasting a second, I ran out of her office and got on the elevator. In front of her, I acted all strong. But now, my cheeks were red as tomato. She sure was intimidating sometimes, well, most of the times, but her presence was enough to make a female weak on her knees.

No matter how attractive she was, I shouldn't get swayed by her! Rich people like her, only wanted women to warm up their bed, then they threw them away.

Now the real question was, I had already warmed up her bed, then why wasn't she throwing me away! Was she showing courtesy because I was her child's mother or she had feelings for me!!!

~~~~~~~~~