CHAPTEH 6️⃣

~MINJI'S P.O.V~

Some people had the audacity to talk behind me like that. Well, I couldn't blame her though. Everyone thought the same. Just because I was rich and single, people assumed I was a womanizer. I didn't care anymore, I hated this judgmental society.

Getting out of the elevator, I went into my office. Again a busy day awaited for me. I started checking the files that were sent to me. After going through them carefully, I called Mrs. Choi.

"Ma'am, may I come in?" Mrs. Choi asked popping her head from the door.

"Please do. I have called you regarding the reports you sent me. All are okay except the one regarding the new project. I don't find any of the ideas, appealing. I want better ideas, Mrs Choi," I said when someone came in.

"Good morning, Madam President. Um, I'll just come back later," said Mrs. Choi and then left my office.

"Is everything okay, mom? You are here to see your daughter or the CEO! Oh, looking at the files in your hand I can for sure say that you are here for the CEO!" I said in a mocking tone.

"Honey, I'm here for both. First, sign these documents and then I need to talk to you," my mom said while giving me the files and sat on the chair in front of my desk.

"Is it about the new project? I'm still working on th~," I was saying and then she cut me off.

"Always thinking about work! No, I'm not here to talk about any project! I have arranged a date for you. She's the heir of Park Co. You will like her," my mom said with hope in her eyes.

"I am not going on any date. I don't have time for that. Plus I'm not interested in an arranged relationship," I replied.

"It doesn't matter if arranged or not. Just go on any date with whoever you like. It just upsets me to see you all lonely and drowned in work. Say something, will you?" Mom asked being anxious.

"Mom, cancel the date. I don't want to say anything else," I replied without looking at her.

She just sighed and took the files and left my office being disappointed.

~Author's P.O.V~

It was lunch break and Hanni was eating with rei and other colleagues in the cafeteria. Then suddenly her phone rang. It was her neighbor with whom she had left Mj.

"Aunty, is everything okay?" Hanni asked receiving the phone.

"Dear, your uncle had an emergency. I have to go to the hospital now. I'm waiting with Mj in your office building," replied the old woman.

"I'm very sorry to hear that. Just leave Mj in the waiting room, I'll be there in a minute," saying this Hanni cut the call and left the cafe in a hurry.

~Meanwhile in Kim Corp~

The old woman left Mj in the waiting room and hurried to the hospital. But Mj, being a naughty boy, didn't stay put. He knew his mom worked on the 7th floor. So he ran towards the elevator and bumped into a woman. She was carrying some files which fell on the floor.

"I am soo sowwyy, gwanny!" Mj said with a cute voice and looked at her with big doe eyes.

"You are not supposed to run around here, little man. Where's your mom?" she asked with a smile on her face.

Mj didn't pay heed to what she was saying. He picked up the files and held them up for her to take. She took the files from his small hands and her gaze shifted to his small face. Then she bowed down to his level and pinched his cheek.

"You look a lot like my daughter when she was little," she said, then ruffled his silky hair and walked away with a happy heart.

Hanni came running to her office building and went directly to the waiting room. But Mj wasn't there.

Hanni became very anxious. 'Where did he go' thought Hanni.

After searching around she got into the elevator thinking that he might be in her office. And there he was! Wandering around in her department as if it was his playground. Hanni left a sign of relief.

"Baby, you can't be here. Let's take you to the daycare."

"I don't want to go, mommy! I want to be with you," Mj said and then hugged her legs.

While the mother and son were having a family time, her colleagues started coming in after the lunch break.

Hanni felt a little nervous as no one knew she was a single mother.

~~~~~~