11-15

Xia Wenxian unfolded the map of an isolated city

, and everyone was numb. "Ten cities? You might as well destroy us in Xiyuan."

Jiang Mo shook his head and said, "Impossible."

Chai Heng didn't expect him to agree to everything. Encircling ten cities in one breath only leaves room for bargaining. Getting half of it is acceptable.

"The value of the prince is much higher than these cities. After all, he is the prince of a country. There are only a few cities. How can they be compared to the prince?" "

This is not fair." Jiang Mo pushed the map aside and folded his arms. , "Ten cities, hundreds of thousands of people, and countless fertile fields. It's not fair to exchange for one person, so... we won't exchange."

Chai Heng raised his eyebrows, "That's the prince! His life is worse than that of thousands of people." They are all valuable, so you won't lose in this transaction."

Jiang Mo pondered for a while and said: "No matter how important the prince is, he is still a person, and it is only fair to exchange one person for another. I have a person in my hand, and I want to exchange him for the prince."

Chai Heng couldn't help but laugh, "The person we have is the prince! Could it be that...you captured my eldest brother?"

Jiang Mo shook his head, "That's not true. Your prince is very strong and it is indeed difficult to catch him. But I think This person may be worth no less than a prince."

He said slowly: "This person's name...is He Wenqian!"

As soon as the name was said, Chai Heng and He Xiao stood up at the same time.

"Who are you talking about?"

Luo Jin remembered that He Wenqian was He Xiao's father, and he used to be a world-famous general. After being captured in a battle, Dongyuan Kingdom thought he was dead, but his body could not be found anywhere. But in fact, he did not die, he was just captured by the Xiyuan Kingdom and held for ten years.

"He Wenqian," Jiang Mo repeated, "I think he is worth trading for the crown prince, right?"

He Xiao's voice trembled, "It's impossible...my father...died on the battlefield ten years ago. Although The body was not found, but we found fragments of his sword and armor. He...he..."

Jiang Mo said: "He is not dead, he was just captured. We wanted to get some useful information from him. , but he would rather die than talk about it, and we have no choice. Of course we can't put him back, and he couldn't bear to kill him, so he kept him locked up."

Chai Heng thought deeply for a while and asked: "Are you sure he is really not dead?"

"This is his thing," Jiang Mo handed something to He Xiao. "Since you are his son, you should be able to recognize it."

He Xiao took the thing with trembling hands.

It was a wood-carved knife, with rough edges and a faint smell of fresh wood. It was obviously newly carved.

"We have never treated him harshly. We will try our best to satisfy him with what he wants. General He likes to make wood carvings. This is a small wooden knife he carved recently. I took it over when I came." Chai Heng saw He

Xiao With the look on his face, he knew without asking that this was indeed done by He Wenqian himself.

He took a deep breath and said: "Okay, I agree to the exchange!"

He Xiao raised his head and said in shock: "Your Highness...this...this requires His Majesty's consent."

Chai Heng shook his head and said: "No need, Father. When you sent me here, you gave me full authority to handle this matter, so I have the power to decide how to exchange it." "

But... Your Majesty wants the city! You can't do it because of your family affairs..."

Chai Heng said slowly: "General He's affairs are not family affairs, but state affairs! In my opinion, General He is more important than ten... no, a hundred cities." "Your

Highness..." He Xiao no longer knew what to say. .

Jiang Mo said: "Your Highness is right. General He has great military exploits and a reputation far and wide. He is much more useful than a prince who has failed to accomplish anything but has failed a lot. You have earned this deal."

Minister Xiyuan: "... Chai

Heng: "..."

[The second prince performed so handsomely today! ]

[I can't tell that he still has such courage. He Xiao was so moved that he couldn't speak. 】

【If I were He Xiao, I would be loyal to the Chai family all my life for this matter, without any second thoughts! ]

[Jiang Mo, please stop talking. Who dares to answer your words? Who taught you to talk like this? ]

Chai Heng's decision just now was somewhat impulsive, but upon hearing this voice, his determination suddenly became extremely firm.

At least, she agreed with him. No matter what the outcome would be after returning, he would have the courage to face it.

"So, how to exchange?" Chai Heng asked.

Jiang Mo said: "Exchange is impossible in Shacheng. Even if the exchange is successful, you have two masters here and it will be easy to snatch the person back. So... I propose to exchange in front of the two armies!" As soon

as he said this, Xia Wenxian was the first to object, "No! This matter was originally done in secret. If the exchange was made openly in front of the two armies, wouldn't everyone know about it?" [

This Jiang Mo is very calculating. He just wants Jiang Ge to do it. Isn't it embarrassing? 】

【Hearing him speak so bluntly, I thought he had no scheming and it was me who was hasty. ]

[In this way, the prince's prestige will inevitably be damaged, and he will have more opportunities to compete for the heirloom. ]

[The princes of Xiyuan Kingdom are really difficult, and Jiang Ge is also very difficult. He is actually not incompetent. In the novel, he is quite powerful and ruthless. If I hadn't reported the news to Chai Heng, he wouldn't have been arrested. ]

Chai Heng has never underestimated Jiang Mo, and he will not underestimate him now.

He agreed to this exchange. General He was captured on the battlefield. He would rather die than surrender. He suffered for ten years. If he was exchanged, he would be respected by others. But the prince is different. He was easily captured by the enemy because of his lust. How will he see anyone in the future if this kind of thing spreads?

But his thoughts were more complicated. He thought that if Jiang Ge's power was further weakened because of this, his younger brothers, including Jiang Mo, would definitely covet the position of crown prince. Xiyuan Kingdom will inevitably have internal strife, which will be of great benefit to Dongyuan Kingdom.

Jiang Mo glanced at Xia Wenxian, "What? Does the Prime Minister have a better way?"

Xia Wenxian thought for a long time before saying: "Let the people from Dongyuan Kingdom send His Royal Highness the Crown Prince to Tancheng, and we will send General He to Weicheng."

Jiang Mo looked at him with a look that looked like an idiot, "Tancheng and Weicheng are thousands of miles apart. We sent people there, how do we know if they have sent people there? What if they don't send people and detain us? What to do?"

Xia Wenxian was anxious, "Then...just..."

Why didn't he understand that if it was a private and secret exchange, then the number of people could not be large. But when there are few people, the two masters He Xiao and Yue Qinghai can do whatever they want and directly rob people.

Only when the two armies were in front of the formation and both sides had strong strength, He Xiao and Yue Qinghai were unable to play their role. No matter how strong these two people are, even if they can deal with dozens or even hundreds of people with one person, they are still powerless against thousands of troops.

Chai Heng spread his hands, "Why don't we exchange in Shacheng? I promise a fair exchange and won't rob anyone."

Xia Wenxian's eyes lit up, "He promises not to rob anyone!"

Jiang Mo: "..."

He crossed his arms . , said calmly: "Be embarrassed or lose your life, you can help him choose! Or... you can tell others when you go back, just say that the prince was arrested for inquiring about information in the enemy country."

Xia Wenxian had hope in his heart, "...The Fifth Highness will say the same thing, right?"

Jiang Mo nodded and said: "Although I don't like lying, I can still lie once for the sake of the reputation of the prince. I will definitely tell him People say that the prince was definitely arrested because he was caught spying on the enemy's country. It was not because he was lustful and had a secret meeting with the beauty. He is not lustful at all, and the child in the beauty's belly is not his." Xia Wenxian: "...

"

Xia Wenxian I went out for a small meeting with several ministers from Xiyuan, and it took a long time before I came back.

They obviously didn't have a better solution. Xia Wenxian finally gritted his teeth and said, "Then... His Majesty the Fifth Prince will decide."

Jiang Mo sighed, "I am the one who should decide in the first place, right?"

Xia Wenxian: "... Chen Panic."

When Xia Wenxian came here, he thought he could take charge of everything. He didn't take Jiang Mo seriously, let alone Jiang Yan. He only has Prince Jiang Ge in his eyes, and the purpose of coming here is to rescue Jiang Ge at all costs.

So he dared to openly oppose Jiang Mo's idea, but at present, it seemed that there was really no better solution, unless he could also find two peerless masters to suppress the situation. But it is difficult to invite the other three people among the five masters. Even if he tries his best to invite at most one of them, it is absolutely impossible to invite two of them at the same time.

He Xiao could just stay here. He really couldn't figure out why Yue Qinghai got involved. Wasn't he always neutral and not caring about the court's affairs? What method did Chai Heng use to invite this great god?

Chai Heng glanced at Yue Qinghai who was sitting beside him, and saw that he looked absent-minded, with his head lowered as if he was thinking about something.

But he is useful as long as he sits here, and it is fortunate that he is here. Although no one took advantage of the exchange of hostages this time, the prince in Xiyuan was discredited in front of the army, which was still a gain for Dongyuan.

The two countries discussed the time and place of the exchange in detail, and finally decided it would be three days later, at the original border of Qingjiang where both sides were stationed.

After the negotiation ended, the convoys of the two countries left Shacheng.

Chai Heng thanked Yue Qinghai, "Thank you, Mr. Yue, for your help. I won't bother you anymore."

In front of the armies of both sides, there was really no need for Yue Qinghai to sit aside.

Yue Qinghai glared at him, "Isn't it right?"

"Well..." Chai Heng smiled dryly, "I'm just afraid that sir will be too tired."

"Huh, am I the kind of person who will be out of breath after taking only two steps? ? Do you want to compare with me?"

"Um... sir, you misunderstood."

Chai Heng looked at Luo Jin helplessly, but she didn't show the slightest surprise.

Although he was also curious about Yue Qinghai's past, he knew that this was not what he should ask, so he did not ask. At present, Yue Qinghai is unwilling to leave, and Luo Jin knows the reason for this.

There are no pop-up ads on this site, permanent domain name (xbanxia.com)