˗ˏˋ27: Sophie'ˎ˗

Winter break came and went fairly quickly, hanging out lots with friends and Noah, celebrating Christmas, then my personal favorite holiday, New Year's Eve. Overall, we had tons of fun.

Grady and Edaline let me invite all my friends over to celebrate, which I only made it to midnight before promptly collapsing asleep. Before I get any teasing, Linh, Marella, Wylie, and Fitz were out before me, those four barely made it past eleven. And only Fitz had been drawn on, so I considered it a good night.

We had a couple more weeks until school started, and in all honesty, I was dreading it. Our schedules were switching, and while mine stayed the same besides switching PE to health, Jensi's didn't so I didn't know who I'd be sharing fifth period with. That definitely stressed me out more than I cared to admit, and in my haze of panic, school was starting again before I knew it.

I always had this habit of needing to wear a really cute and nice outfit when going to school after break, so I threw on a maroon long sleeved cropped top, straight legged jeans, and converse, with my hair in a half-up-half-down messy bun.

Dex threw himself through my window while I was finishing my mascara. I jumped in surprise, accidentally stabbing myself in the eye with the brush.

"Ow." I muttered, furiously blinking in hopes to subdue the pain and tears.

"Oh, are you okay?" Dex asked me. No, you little gremlin, I'm not okay but thank you for asking. Obviously I didn't actually say that to him, he's a crybaby and would've ran to his mom if I called him little, but I figured a one-eyed glare sufficed.

A few minutes later I was able to keep my eye open with minimal pain, but was shooketh to my core when I saw it.

I had black tears dripping all down my face, along with a bunch of mascara smudged under my eye. The eye itself was bright red, I was pretty sure I popped a few blood vessels. It was harder to find the white at that point.

I glared at Dex again before washing off my makeup and quickly redoing it. My eye still didn't look okay, given all the red, but it looked better without the smudged mascara.

I left my room when I finished getting ready, going downstairs to eat my breakfast then leave (I brush my teeth before eating, sue me). Dex skipped along after me, without a care in the world. That'd be changing very quickly after what just happened to me.

It was my day to drive us, and Dex was taking his passenger princess responsibilities very seriously. He had his legs criss-crossed on the seat, Taylor Swift music blaring (he has very good taste), and he was loudly munching on a bag of chips—sorry, crisps. When reaching a stop sign, I hardly slowed before reaching it, instead hitting on the brakes with all my might (don't worry, there were no cars behind us. I may want to hurt my cousin, but not other people), causing him to slam forwards and backwards into the seat.

I made a few more... choices before we reached the school, and it's safe to say he was shaking more than he did after weight lifting. Mission accomplished.