˗ˏˋ 22: Sophie'ˎ˗

"Sophie! Come downstairs!" Grady yelled. I sighed lazily and got up from my bed, stretching big and nearly collapsing from all the blood rushing to my head. I went downstairs, where I found my parents in the living room, sitting on the sofa on their phones.

"What's up?" I asked while sitting down on the soft recliner.

"Check this out!" Edaline excitedly shoved her phone in my face. I blinked twice, trying to make out the words that were hardly an inch from my eyes. I took the phone from her and put it at a more reasonable distance, looking at the website she wanted to show me.

The logo was blue letters over a black background, the letters spelling out ECV in a diagonal overlapping pattern. I scrolled down to find more about it and saw some pictures of girls playing volleyball in a very nice gym. I read the about section next.

Players of Eternalia Club Volleyball (ECV) get to compete in many different tournaments all over Great Britain. The club takes boys and girls from ages 10-20, of any skill level. We aim to improve your (or your child's) volleyball experience with reasonable practice times made with careful consideration for school schedules.

Intrigued, I scrolled a little farther to see the past achievements.

ECV has won many different awards over the years, including 10+ regional championships. We have also had many current and past pro volleyball players start at our club. Many of our teams are Division 1 and have won many awards within themselves.

Now this sounded like my type of club, especially after remanding the reviews. It sounded just as good as the club I had gone to in America.

I looked up at Edaline to see her staring at me intently.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"It sounds really good. It'd be nice to have something the same from back home. When does the winter season start?" I handed her phone back to her.

"This week is tryouts, I signed you up as soon as I saw this, figuring you would like it and if not I could've just removed your name." I smiled, loving how much my Edaline was always willing to do for me.

"Thanks, mom." I'd gotten better at calling Grady and Edaline mom and dad, but I still called them by their names more often than not. They knew how appreciative I was whenever I brought it out. Either that, or I really wanted something. "I love you."

"Love you, too, sweetheart. Now why don't you go make sure you have stuff good to go for tryouts?" I followed her advice and ran up to my room, checking in my closet.

Shoes, check. Knee pads, check. High socks, check. Spandex, check. I also got out my nice NSAA volleyball and went outside to practice.

The sports complex that hosted ECV looked kind of like a fancy warehouse on the outside

The sports complex that hosted ECV looked kind of like a fancy warehouse on the outside. On the inside, it was even nicer than the pictures. The gym floors were spotless, meaning the people who played in here definitely wore different shoes than they did outside, thank gosh golly gee.