𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤

SONG:- NAZM NAZM( BAREILLY KI BARFI)- AYUSHMANN KHURRANA

Idika directed Advay's attention to the room, stating, "This is my room

Idika directed Advay's attention to the room, stating, "This is my room." Advay glanced around, taking in the spacious area adorned with posters of boy bands and makeup artists. "Have a seat," Idika invited, and they both settled onto the couch. Advay avoided eye contact, fidgeting with his fingers, and a sense of awkwardness hung in the air. Sensing this, Idika cleared her throat and gently broached the topic, "So, are you getting married out of choice, or is it a forced situation for you?" Advay looked up, murmuring, "I wasn't coerced. Were you?" Idika shook her head in negation. "Please, feel at ease here. I won't pressure you to respond if you're uncomfortable," she assured him. "Is there anything you'd like to ask?"

Advay nodded, mustering the courage to inquire, "Would you prefer residing with my parents or separately?" Idika smiled warmly, replying, "Whatever suits you. I currently live with my parents, so if you wish to reside with them post-marriage, that's entirely acceptable." Advay nodded in understanding, prompting Idika to take her turn, jesting, "Ah, now it's my turn to inquire," which elicited a slight blush from Advay and a gentle smile.

"Alright," Idika continued, adopting a more serious tone, "If we do decide to get married, I want it to work. I'm not interested in a loveless marriage. I envision us spending quality time together after work, and I'd like us to share financial responsibilities." Advay nodded earnestly in agreement. They proceeded to ask each other further questions until Sarah interrupted, summoning them downstairs.

 They proceeded to ask each other further questions until Sarah interrupted, summoning them downstairs

Idika's warmth had gradually melted away my initial discomfort. As we continued our conversation, I found myself contemplating the possibility of giving this alliance a chance. "She's nice. She does not make me feel uncomfortable" I thought to myself, a glimmer of hope sparking within me.

Before I could delve further into my thoughts, uncle's voice interrupted, pulling me back to the present. "So, both of you, do you want this marriage?" he inquired, his gaze shifting between Idika and me. Caught off guard, I hesitantly glanced at Idika, finding her already looking at me with a mixture of anticipation and reassurance. I cleared my throat softly, drawing everyone's attention. Fuck, why is everyone looking at me. I thought to myself. I was growing nervous with everyone's constant gaze on me. But as if sensing my unease, Idika spoke up, addressing her father, "Papa, it's a yes from my side, but I believe we should spend some time together to get to know each other better." Her words brought smiles to everyone's faces.