𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

the last day of school.

it was almost that time again.

summer

eden's favorite time of year.

was eden's favorite time of year.

not anymore.

she didn't have a favorite anything anymore.

she didn't have a mother anymore and she didn't have a boyfriend anymore.

losing her mother wasn't her fault, but losing her boyfriend was. that's a story for a different time, though.

it was eden's lunch period and she spent it in the bathroom. smoking weed.

her lunch schedule was weird this school year. she would sit with lily and jace on monday, wednesday, and friday and then on tuesday's and thursday's lily and jace would sit with their other friends who eden used to hang out with. jeremiah would sit with his friends and eden didn't want to sit with him. jeremiah always made things worse for her.

jace found out from lily that susannah had cancer and that's when he made up with her. they had a talk and decided to be friends again and eden was happy. well, as happy as a girl with a dying mom could be.

eden took another hit of her cart before putting it back in her bra before getting up from the toilet and unlocking the stall.

she stepped out and shuffled to the cafeteria.

the bell rang and lunch was over.

finally

eden shuffled her way to her next class. she only had two classes left, one of them being this class and a study hall, then she was home free.

she couldn't wait to leave so she could meet up with a random guy from a dating sight and smoke a blunt with him. she knew it was bad and she shouldn't, but she couldn't help herself. she didn't care anymore.

without her mother, no one could stop her from
making bad choices.

her father was barely around, she wouldn't listen to jere, and conrad was still at school and didn't come home much, so therefore she had the freedom to do whatever.

plus, conrad was still heartbroken over belly, so couldn't be much help and eden was still healing from her breakup with steven.

although it was her fault, she still loved him. she always has always will.

eden splashed steven over and over in the water.

it was nearing the end of the summer and the two were down at the beach.

steven then picked her up.

she knew what he was gonna do.

"steven! steven, no!" she screamed.

"too late!" he exclaimed, then tossed her.

she screamed before crashing into a wave.

she came back up two seconds later and laughed.

"you're so evil." she laughed.

"that's what you get for splashing me."

she grinned and pulled him in for a kiss.

they pulled away and she rest her hand on his cheek.

"i love you, you know that?" she raised her eyebrows.