𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

eden arrived at the country club, ready for the dance lessons.

she was nervous to see steven. they hadn't really talked since their little argument, so she didn't know what to expect.

when she got there, she saw that they hadn't really started yet.

she saw belly practicing by herself with white gloves and a blue, checkered dress.

eden had been wearing a mint colored dress that went just above her knees with thin straps.

she looked around at everyone practicing with their partners.

eden saw shayla dancing with  some guy who worked there at the club.

she smiled to herself. she was glad shayla had found someone.

eden then looked to the door and frowned again.

was steven seriously still not showing up?

she didn't think their argument was that serious.

then, paige came out and announced their instructor who told them to get in their partners.

eden looked around anxiously. steven was still not there and everyone had a partner except for herself and belly.

maybe she'd dance with belly. that was a good idea, but that idea was ruined by nicole's presence.

"what the hell." eden muttered.

had steven really stood her up?

she didn't totally blame him, but he knew this was important.

she let out a breath and shook her head before storming out of the ballroom and rushing out of the club, tears filling her eyes as she did.

when she got outside, she pulled out her phone and called the one guy she trusted the most after steven.

her brother conrad.

"hey, what's up?" he answered.

"what're you doing?" she asked.

"uh, having a cup of coffee, why?" he questioned.

"steven stood me up at the deb ball dance lessons." she replied.

"oh. oh shit. i'm sorry, eden. do you need me to come pick you up?" he asked.

"yeah, that's actually why i called you." she replied.

"okay. i'll be there in fifteen. love you."

"um, love you...too?"

"bye."

"bye."

she pulled the phone away from her ear.

conrad was never this sappy. what was this?

she sighed and found a bench to sit on when she heard loud music playing from inside.

ugh, probably jeremiah and antics going on with the dancing.

of course

finally, conrad pulled up.

she ran over to the car and she got out and jumped into his arms.

"hey, it's okay. you're okay, edes. listen, i'm sure steven's just having a bad day. give him time. you guys just had an argument. it's fresh."

she pulled away and looked up at her brother.

"you really are giving good advice today." she sniffed.

he shrugged. "i'm having a good day. now come on, let's get you home. i have a sailing lesson with cleveland soon."

she nodded. "okay."

"okay."

they got into the car and drove home.

🌊

conrad dropped her off at the house and she went inside.

the second she got inside, she saw steven pouring himself some orange juice.

they made eye contact. she shook her head and went to storm outside.

he sighed. "eden, wait."

she paused, but didn't turn around.

"talk to me. please." he said.

she shook her head and spun around.

"why should i? you stood me up." she replied with a cocked eyebrow.

he exhaled through his nose with closed eyes then opened them again.

"i'm sorry. i'm just pissed. how do you expect me to show up for you when you're insinuating that you want to break up?" he said.

"because is important to me and you know that!" she exclaimed.

"no it's not, eden! it's not you! you don't want to be a deb. you're doing it for susannah." he responded.

"well what's important to my mother is important to me. clearly you don't have that attitude." she sneered.

he furrowed his eyebrows. "meaning what, exactly?"

"interpret it how you want. now leave me alone."

then, she stormed outside and he shook his head, then went to get ready for work.

when she stepped outside, she saw her mother and susannah gossiping.

"hey, there's my flower." susannah smiled.

"aren't you supposed to be at the deb dance practice?" laurel asked.

"i was until your son stood me up." eden pointed.

laurel looked at susannah then back at eden with a bewildered look on her face.

"why would he do that?" laurel asked.

"'cause he hates me." eden answered and plopped down on the same chair her mother was sitting on and cuddled up against her.

"i doubt that." laurel shook her head.

"we got into an argument about stupid jace so he stood me up then we argued again just now in the kitchen." eden explained.

"well, you and jace did just break up and then you and steven jumped into it very quickly. maybe give each other a little space for a few days. he'll come around and so will you." susannah said.

eden sighed. "thanks, mom."

"of course, flower."

susannah kissed her on the forehead.

"i'm gonna go change."

"okay, sweetie."

she then got up and went upstairs. she took a nice relaxing shower before getting in bed and taking a nap.

AUTHORS NOTE
y'all i can't wait to get to season two. there's gonna be so much angsty steden.

muah,
lea <3