𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

it was finally time for the volleyball game and eden was walking out of her room.

and of course, she bumped into none other than taylor jewel.

awesome

taylor looked down at her feet, an ashamed look on her face.

eden furrowed her eyebrows at her.

taylor looked up at the blonde.

"hey—."

"save it. i don't wanna hear anything from you." eden said, looking her up and down.

"i just wanted to apologize—."

"i don't want an apology. you tried to ruin my life. now i hope someone ruins yours."

eden then pushed past her and trekked down the stairs, preparing herself for that day's game.

🌊

eden was quietly helping steven set up for part of the tournament.

"i like your visors." a voice said.

it was taylor.

again

eden ignored her.

"oh, uh, thanks. i got them for us this morning." steven nodded. "which eden took from me without saying a word."

eden just hummed and continued what she was doing.

taylor just stood there awkwardly, steven doing the same.

"so how long are you in town for taylor?" steven asked.

"i don't know. i'm just gonna play it by ear." taylor replied.

eden was finally finished with what she was going and turned around.

"i'm going to put on some sunscreen, okay? okay."

eden then shuffled away without looking back.

"you should really apologize to her." steven said.

"i already tried. she's not having it. it seems like you have some apologizing to do too." taylor responded.

steven snorted. "yeah, and so does she. we just both need to work things out."

"well good luck with that and good luck with today."

taylor then walked away with two cups in her hand.

steven sighed and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.

and then, it was almost time to begin.

🌊

"i'm susannah fisher, chair of the club's community service board and i am delighted to welcome you to play it forward!" susannah exclaimed into the microphone.

there was clapping and cheering.

"you know, as my mother used to say, if you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough and we are very fortunate indeed." susannah continued.

eden stood with lily and shayla with her arms folded underneath her chest.

"which is why in the spirit and fun and friendly competition it is time to open our hearts and our wallets and give back to those who may not be as fortunate. we have teams raising money for homelessness, women shelters, environmental causes, and many more. and okay it forward will match pledges for the winner of the tournament!" susannah announced.

eden clapped quietly while others around her were clapping and cheering loudly.

eden closed her eyes and let out a shaky breath.

for some reason she began to feel...nervous.

why was she nervous? nothing bad was happening to her in that moment, so why was she nervous.

she took a deep breath and shook out her hands.

they were getting clammy and shaky.

she swallowed, but there was a massive bump in her throat.

she looked over to steven, then to the ground before jogging away to go somewhere private, like to an empty tent.

steven noticed immediately and followed after the light-haired girl.

"eden?" he called, following her.

she went under the water tent and picked up a cup of water in her shaky hands.

"eden, are you okay?" he asked.

"fine, steven." she answered, shortly.

"you're sure?"

"yup."

he sighed. "okay."

he then began walking away.

she wanted to turn around and tell him to stop, but she didn't.

she let him go.

she let him go. and this would not be the last time she let him go either.

AUTHORS NOTE
drama at the volleyball tournament coming soon...

muah,
lea <3