𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"hey, you coming to the bonfire?" steven asked eden later on that night.

she looked up at him. she was lying on the couch reading a book.

"no, i'm having a girls night with the moms and bells. i always stay with them since bells never really goes to those things. i don't wanna leave her alone." eden replied. "plus, i'm still pissed at jere."

"oh come on, belly will be fine. you need to come experience the first bonfire of the summer at least once in your lifetime. and you could always talk to jere. i'm sure you two could figure it out." steven shrugged.

eden sighed. she didn't wanna leave belly nor did she want to see jeremiah, but she wanted to go have fun.

"sure, why not. i'll go tell jace so he can come with us too. wouldn't wanna leave him here with the moms and bells." she shrugged with a chuckle.

steven swallowed. "yeah. cool."

"cool." she nodded.

he smiled back and her cheeks turned red. the blush was back.

steven nodded then went to find jeremiah, so she went upstairs to go get ready.

of course eden was going to bring jace. steven was a fool to think she'd leave him here. what was he gonna do? hang out with his girlfriend's mother while she's partying? that would be weird.

eden informed jace and he went to get ready as well.

she took her blonde locks down from the braid it was in and left it wavy.

she then changed out of her yellow sundress to a slightly tighter, white dress with little blue flowers. she then put on a little mascara and lipgloss. she knew she didn't need it, but she wanted to dress up just a little.

eden let out a breath when she was finished.

"hey."

she turned around to see steven standing in her doorway.

"oh. hey, steve-o." she smiled.

"hi. you look...wow..." he trailed off.

she giggled. "thank you very much. you don't look so bad yourself."

"i know. i'm very handsome." he nodded.

she laughed at that.

"hey, are you ready to...oh, hey steven."

"sup, jace. i was just seeing if edes was ready."

"i'm ready if y'all are."

"yep we're ready. let's find jere and go."

eden rolled her eyes.

they all walked down the hall to jere's room to get him, then they went out back to see belly in the pool talking to conrad who was smoking a blunt.

eden sighed, but pretended she didn't see it.

"first bonfire of the season!" steven cheered and jeremiah laughed.