𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"so do you hate me?" eden raised her eyebrows.

she was on facetime with lily, explaining everything.

lily sighed. "girl, i could never hate you. i just...i feel bad for jace. he's a mess right now."

"yeah. well, he definitely hates me." eden replied.

"he doesn't. he couldn't. you made him feel like he mattered when he was two seconds away from jumping off of a bridge. he will forever be grateful to you for being his friend when no one wanted to be. when he was getting bullied. he loves you, edes, probably forever as more than friends, but still. he'll come around."

eden nodded. "yeah. i really hope so. i will always love jace. he's one of my best friends. and of course, a little piece of my heart will belong to him, but all of my heart belongs to steven. i've always loved steven."

"you're whole life."

"my whole life."

eden then sighed. "i wanna be with him, but i don't know if i should be right away just because of what happened. do you think i should give it some time."

"i'm not disagreeing, but he's what you want. he's always been what you've wanted. why keep waiting?" lily raised her eyebrows.

eden nodded. "you're right."

there was then a knock and eden looked over to see steven.

she then looked back to her phone.

"hey, lils. i'm gonna go, but i'll see you in a few days for the fourth?" eden raised her eyebrows.

lily smiled. "of course you will. love you, babes."

"love you, bye."

the call then ended and eden got up.

"hey." she said and went over to steven.

"hi. i was gonna ask if you wanted to take a walk on the beach." he said.

"yeah, that sounds nice. of course, i'll take a walk on the beach with you." eden agreed.

steven flashed her a smile and eden smiled back. eden loved his smile. it was perfect. and steven loved hers. it was the most beautiful smile he's ever seen.

"come on, let's go." he said and grabbed her hands.

"what? now?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"of course, now. when else would we go?" he raised his eyebrows.

"okay, let's do it.

the two walked down the stairs and saw susannah on the couch, reading a book.

she looked over when she saw the two walk down the stairs, hand-in-hand.

she smirked. "where are you two off to?"

"just for a walk on the beach. we won't be long." eden shook her head.

"okay. have fun you two. be safe." susannah called.

"we will. love you."

"love you too, sweetheart."

susannah then winked before and eden pursed her lips and blushed.

steven then led her out of the house and they went down to the beach.

🌊

eden laughed and shook her head.