𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

"do you think maybe we should talk about it?" steven asked eden as she was getting ready for the party in her room.

she kept the shorts on because they were cute, but changed into a long-sleeved, cropped, black top that showed off her cleavage and was flared at the ends of her arms.

"talk about what?" eden asked as she brushed through her hair.

"our fight. i mean yeah, we had sex, but i think we should talk too." steven replied.

eden sighed and put her hairbrush down before turning around.

"look, i'm really sorry. for sorta kinda breaking up with you, arguing with you, making everything about me, making everything about jace, what i did to taylor. it was really sucky shit for me to do. but what you do need to understand is that jace is—was my best friend before we started dating. one of my best friends, actually, but you get the point. and i was his only friend. he got bullied. a lot. and i was there for him.
so what i did must've really, really hurt him."

steven nodded. "i forgive you. and i understand. he must feel so betrayed, but you're with the better guy now, right?"

"steven."

"sorry."

"it's okay. i mean, i'm with who i wanna be with, but i just wish i had jace in my life still. he was truly a good friend to me. i did kinda cheat on him though, so i can see where he's coming from."

"yeah. and i cheated on shayla. it was fucked up for both of us to do, but eden, you're the only person i want to be with."

"and you're the only person i wanna be with."

they both smiled at each other.

then, eden's smile slowly faded.

"steven."

"yeah?"

"did...did you have sex with shayla?" eden asked. "i'm not gonna be mad if you did, you guys were dating for a little bit and it isn't my place to judge, but i just wanted to know."

steven swallowed and nodded. "yeah. yeah, i did. the night of the drive-in. we met up after and had sex on the beach."

"oh. that's romantic." eden replied.

"eden. don't be like that." he tilted her head.

"i'm not being like anything. i'm just saying that the beach is more romantic than my kitchen counter." she replied.

"i don't disagree, but the setting doesn't matter to me. what matters to me is the person i'm with. and that was you." steven replied.

eden smiled again and went over and kissed him.

"you're so cute."

"i know."

she giggled and kissed him again.

"okay, i'm just about ready. let's go party." she nodded.

"let's do it." he nodded back.

they met up with conrad and left for the party.

🌊

on the way to the party, eden called lily to make sure she made it home okay.

lily went home after the volleyball tournament and promised eden they'd debrief later.

they finally arrived at the party and started walking around.