A/N: sorry this is a shorter chapter but the next ones will be long I promise!!! Thanks for sticking around through my HUGE writer's block. Love you all!!

Sasuke and Kakashi clashed briefly before they ended up standing in front of each other on the water. Kiyomi hurried to join her lover.

"Sasuke . . . Your clan and your hatred can't be the only things left in your heart. Look deep inside yourself one last time," Kakashi said.

"Still reciting the same old pleas." Sasuke smirked.

"You know what's really there," Kakashi hissed.

With that statement, Sasuke went into an insane fury. He screamed at Kakashi his pain and his anger. His Susano'o exploded with more strength and power. As Sasuke was about to attack, his eyes faltered. He clutched his eyes in pain and grunted. He glanced over at Kiyomi and saw a hazy outline. Desperately, he wiped his eyes. Kiyomi knew what was happening and mentally cursed. She wrapped her arm around his waist and tried to help him handle the pain.

"Sasuke, is it your vision?" she asked quietly.

Sasuke nodded, still trying to fix his eyes. Kiyomi then turned to see a crying Sakura holding a kunai. Enraged, she held Sakura up in chokehold. Sasuke swiped the kunai out of Sakura's hand.

"Don't do it, Sasuke!!" Kakashi yelled.

Just as Sasuke was about to end Sakura's life, Naruto appeared, and the kunai grazed his cheek instead of Sakura's neck. They shared a glare. Kakashi punched the two shinobi back. Sasuke threw the kunai down into the water and landed a few feet away from his old team. Kiyomi accompanied him.

"Sasuke," Naruto spat. "Sakura is apart of Team 7!"

"Former Team 7," Sasuke corrected. "I'm no longer associated with Konohagakure."

Naruto looked livid. Sasuke smirked slightly, enjoying the effect he had over the blonde. Said Uzumaki created a clone, but Kakashi flung his arm out.

"Naruto, take Sakura and go. I am about to do something that neither of you will want to see," Kakashi said.

"You," Naruto began. "You plan to kill Sasuke, don't you?"

When Kakashi was silent, Naruto knew his answer. He had a clone restrain Kakashi while the original ran forward, Rasengan in hand. Sasuke met Naruto head on with a Chidori.

The boys were blown backwards in opposite directions. Kakashi overpowered the clone and caught Naruto. Kiyomi was going to do the same, but there was too much momentum. She braced herself for the impact on the hard wall. It never came. Instead Zetsu caught them.

"You!" the couple exclaimed in tandem.

Zetsu didn't answer and instead dropped the pair to the water.

"What are you doing?" Sasuke questioned venomously.

"I was told to keep an eye on you," Zetsu explained.

"Tch, I don't need help," Sasuke spat.

"What are you doing here, Tobi?" Kiyomi asked.

"Well it seems like the two of you are in quite a bind here," the Uchiha observed.

"That's enough, Naruto," Kakashi said. "I'll handle Sasuke. You still have a dream . . . the dream of becoming Hokage. Sasuke may have fallen, but don't let him drag you down too-"

"How could I call myself Hokage of I can't even save one friend? The only person Sasuke's fighting is me!" Naruto declared.

Kiyomi cast her gaze downwards, gripping Sasuke's hand. He squeezed it softly in response to comfort her.