Kiyomi whirled around and cursed quietly. Sasuke stood in the corridor out of breath and seething with rage and hatred. Itachi met Sasuke's gaze with a nonchalant glance.

"I did what you said. I've hated you and trained so that one day I could kill you!" Sasuke screamed.

A blue Chidori began to crackle in Sasuke's hand. He sprinted towards Itachi, running his jutsu across the wall. Kiyomi quickly copied it and was about to deflect it when Itachi nullified the blow. Sasuke was evidently surprised by Itachi's power. Before Sasuke could react, Itachi had slammed him into the wall. Kiyomi gasped in outrage. Kisame watched Naruto carefully. He was immobile.

"You know why you're so weak?" Itachi hissed. "Because you do not have enough . . . Hate."

Kiyomi whimpered as Itachi tightened the grip on Sasuke's neck.

"Itachi, stop!" she shouted.

The long haired Uchiha ignored Kiyomi and continued to suffocate his otouto.

Kiyomi tugged on Itachi's arm harshly. This broke Itachi's trance and he dropped an unconscious Sasuke on the ground. Kiyomi squeezed Sasuke's hand before standing to face the newly arrived Jiraya. He was standing in a strange pose. Kiyomi rolled her eyes at the sage's ridiculousness. Before long, Jiraya had trapped the entire party in the stomach of a toad. Kiyomi began to panic, biting her lip. They distracted Jiraya and hurried to the end of the corridor.

"Ama-! Kiyomi!" Itachi exclaimed when the girl shot out her arm.

"Let me do it, Tachi. After I have the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan," Kiyomi pointed out. "Amaterasu!"

Black flames erupted from nowhere and quickly dissolved the flesh. The trio leapt out cautiously and flashed away.

"That was close, ne?" Kiyomi gasped, out of breath.

"Heh, tired so quickly, Kiyo-chan?" Kisame smirked.

"Urusai, baka," Kiyomi said, pouting.

Neither noticed that Itachi was panting heavier than both of them. He felt sick and dizzy, unable to keep his balance. Itachi shrugged it off as stress, but he would soon discover he was dead wrong.

"Itachi! Daijoubudeska?! What happened?!" a fifteen year old Kiyomi cried.

"I'm fine," Itachi insisted.

Over the past three years, Itachi's symptoms had worsened drastically. The first two years were very minor, but the third year hit Itachi like a rock. Kiyomi had grown suspicious of Itachi's recent strangeness.

"Well, like hell you're okay," Kiyomi muttered sarcastically. "There's blood dripping from your damn mouth, of course you're not fine!"

"You sound like Hidan, Yomi-chan." Itachi chuckled weakly.

"Ehh?! Don't compare me to that guy!" Kiyomi exclaimed.

Itachi laughed again, but this caused more violent coughing. Kiyomi frowned; she had to find a way to help Itachi.

"Ne, Tachi, let's go get some medicine for you, okay?" she suggested.

Itachi nodded weakly and draped his arm around Kiyomi's shoulder for support. Kiyomi muttered curses the entire time, wishing she had more money. Itachi chuckled and pitifully tried to suppress his coughs.

"Yomi-chan, let's go back. I have medicines prepared," Itachi said when they found no appropriate medications.